Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant again after stillbirth at 35 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnant again after stillbirth at 35 weeks

Hi,
On Aug 18th 09 I had my son Jonathan who was an unexplained stillbirth.  He was 6 pounds 4 oz - a healthy weight for 35 weeks.  I just recently found out that I am 5-6 weeks pregnant again and of course I am anxious and terrified!

Is there anyone who can give me advice on going through this next pregnancy - tests I should be asking for??? What steps I need to take to make sure this doesn't happen again!

Please HELP!
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1088217_tn?1301929356
hey.. i wanted to ask you if you are getting more often ultrasounds?(b/c of your history) i had a problem with the amniotic fluid so now i get biweekly ultrasounds so they need to take precautions with you is the same ob seeing you?
Blank
I am going for an early US next week but no discussion has happened yet about further US's are rather more frequent I imagine closer to the end that is what they will do.  

I am seeing a new OB and haven't actually had the appointment with her yet - right now I am seeing my last OB.  I am very excited to meet the new OB.  

My current OB said that they will probably take the baby at 37 weeks as well which I am so happy about!
Blank
202436_tn?1326477933
Take it from someone who has had firsthand experience.  It's going to be a nerve-wracking 9 months.  BUT the outcome is well worth it.  August 4th, 2001 our first son was still born due to a cord accident.  My next pregnancy (which was a year later) just had me totally on edge.  I imagine it's more so for you since your loss was so recent (btw I am very sorry, it's not easy to deal with losing a child).  Just remember, any GOOD obgyn will understand your concerns and if you get concerned about every little thing (as you will) he/she will help to calm your fears....bring you in to hear the heartbeat or whatever...if your doc doesn't do that, find one who WILL...it will make the next 9 months SO much easier.  Please remember that it was NOTHING YOU did that caused your stillborn...these things just happen sometimes, unfortunately.  I hope this will give you some rays of hope....I have since had 3 beautiful healthy children.  If you have questions or would like to talk with someone who's been there, please feel free to PM me.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...