Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant and Sharp Pain on Right Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant and Sharp Pain on Right Side

I am 15 weeks and 1 day pregnant today.  All morning I've been having sharp pain in my uterus on the right side.  When I stretch it hurts.  Could it just be my uterus expanding?  It's not constant, it comes and goes.  I know that having twinges of pain is normal because of the body adjusting.  I just want to make sure that it's nothing I should worry about.  Plus, I'm feeling waves in my uterus, could that be the baby moving?  I heard it was like flutters and since I expected to feel the baby at about 16 weeks, I'm not sure if that is what I'm feeling.
could be the baby moving!! im 10 weeks and i get the right side sharp pain. when i roll over or get up too fast. i think its round ligament stretching. some get it for min. others might linger for a bit longer. unless you have bleeding or cramping i bet its just that!!! your baby is growing quite fast now, lots and lots of stretching going on .  i cant wait to feel my baby either!!!
Don't worry too much! this is a very common pain! I have this pain in 1st trimester too. RELAX and enjoy your pregnancy! The fun is about to start.
For the wave feeling, it's surly your little fish swimming inside you.
Have fun!! :o)
in my previous post; I meant to say i HAD this pain in my 1st trimester too. I dont have this kind of pain as this time as my twins are turning 16 months soon ;o)
Thanks ladies.  That is a relief.  I'm so happy to hear that it is the baby moving.  What a great feeling.
Your are experiening 'round ligament pain'.  The ligaments that hold the uterus are stretching their arms to accomodate the growing uterus.  These are usually described as sharp quick pains that are primarily on the rt side.
NORMAL.
I'm 10 wks, and keep having the same pain/cramps since conception.  It just comes and goes.  As long as there is no sharp constant cramping and bleeding you should be fine.
Good to know.  I had the pains once before when I was only like 7 weeks and I thought that something was wrong.  The pain is gone now.  Who ever thought pregnancy is painless.
Don't ya love those pains?! I'm still getting them at 26 weeks!! I think it's probably just more growing and stretching! :) You may be feeling the baby move! Mine never felt like flutters. It was more of a tapping or like you said a "wave".
Im 24 weeks pregnant and still have those pains. I even went to the hospital when I was 12 weeks because I thought it might be my appendix. They said it wasn't and to this day I still worry that it might be..... I hope this helps.... but to me I really haven't been able to enjoy this pregnancy (my first one was the best- no pain no nothing) due to heartburn and these pains
im 10 weeks pregnant and experiencing a sharp pain in my left side and just unusual feelings in my stomache not pain though but i dont know how to explain i think a bit uncomfortable is the word im looking for,       suzie
hi ladies well let me let u guys know iam kinda nervous because i just found out i was pregnant on nov 10th i went to my first visit on friday nov 13th and the doctor couldn't see anything in my uterus she told me to come back next week but i have some sharp pain on the right side they come and go no bleeding though ? is that normail
I have this pain too and I am 23 weeks it feels like a sharpe pain on ny right side just at me rib cage. As Long as it's normal I won't painic
This is strange to see my old post...lol.  It's totally normal.  I know that now after gone through it.  It was and is round ligament pain.  It happens all throughout the pregnancy when your uterus expands.  Congrats.
hi im 7 weeks and i have a sharp pain on the left hand side low down im really worried :(
I'm with you eagle it's my first and combined with these sharp pains heart burn falling on the stairs and a gum infection I have not enjoyed this pregnancy
I am 5weeks and 2 days today and am having moderate pain inn my right side all the way to me back what should I do?
Is it bad to have them like your first weeks? Of pregnacy im scared ivebeen having that pain an no bleeding ?
now 10 to 11 weeks of pregnancy. yesterday night i feel like movements of right side stomach. then no feel. it's normal?