Pregnant and ?ear infection?
Hello everyone,I am almost 21 wks pregnant and could not sleep last night.I have a sore throat & pain in both ears.I have never suffered an ear infection bf so would not know the symptoms.The pain is not around the ear its more on the inside.There is also somekind of leakage in both canals.I know I should go but the pain is not unbearable as mentioned on the sites I've looked up.How does an ear infection feel? Should I go to the DR. just in case or wait? Also I've heard any type of infection is BAD during pregnancy.Is this true.Any advice would be great =)Thanx,Adriana
I had an ear infection with my 1st. It was in both ears, and b/c the OB wasn't sure of how far along I really was, I couldn't take anything for my bad cold. I suffered thru it, and the ear infections, and b/c I didn't treat it, it did some damage to my hearing. Everytime I swallow I have this clicking like when your ears pop, but it's constant. The ear infections were from 4 years ago!

I'd definitely call your Dr. When I asked my family dr about it and told him what happened, he said there were things I could've taken to prevent it from getting so bad. If I had only known.....
I just had a sinus infection and my dr. put me on antibiotics.  It is very safe....I looked it up before using it just to be extra sure.  I was going to wait as well but my dr. said if it is an infection it will take forever to clear up and could keep coming back.  Good luck.
I totally agree with 2songbirds. I see it all the time when people's hearing gets effected b/c the ear infection was not treated in time or properly.  The treatment is perfectly safe during pregnancy so don't worry.  Definitely talk to your dr.  Hope it resolves soon.