Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant and overwhelmed

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant and overwhelmed

I havent been on here in a while, and I am 26 weeks pregnant now. I am so scared of having this baby. This was not planned, it was a complete accident and bad judgement call but I'm trying to deal with this. I have'nt talked to the guy since I found out I was pregnant and he told me he wanted nothing to do with it. I already have one child (I was married). I'm going into my senior year of college, its just not the right time for me. I know God does not give us more than we can handle, but I'm scared. I have been going through this pregnancy completely alone (my family lives in TX & NY, and I go to school in MI). Also my sons father (ex-husband) helps so much with my son, and I dont know if I'm strong enough to fully take care of this one on my own. I just need some support right now, Thank You ( oh yeah Im 22, just turned 22 aug 3, and my son is about to be 3 in sept)
If you are that overwhelmed and think that either of children's lives will suffer--you may consider adoption for this little one...it may be the best thing for both you and your other son...if that is not an option for you try and talk to a counselor at the college campus and see if they can help you out with your emotions and figure out a game plan that will work for all three of you.
Listen, I just had my first baby three months ago. And i"m still overwhelmed with all the responsibilities that come with motherhood.  You have one baby already so you know, already what to expect.  It will be tough but I think you'll get through it beause you have to.  Is there someone that you trust that can help you out when the baby comes?  Maybe a babysitter that you have used for your son? That could maybe come once a day and help you clean or let you nap?  Or a neighbor?
Maybe this is weird but, maybe your ex would be willing to help you out? It's terribly hard and draining when you have a new baby (still there) but any little bit of assistance help. Good luck and be strong. Maybe the hospital you are giving birth to, will have a support group or maybe a group for single mothers.  All is not lost.  You will be strong and be ok.
You will be fine, all will work out in the long run you'll see. I agree with the previous post maybe your ex will help? I know what you mean about being a bit overwhelmed and we're all here to listen. I just turned 23, been married for over 4 years and we have #4 on the way and I'm in school also. So I know exatly what your saying and its hard but its not impossible. My thoughts are with you...
Unfortunately my ex is not going to help, he's too upset at me for even being pregnant (Im still confused on that one). My ex mother in-law is coming out for th birth is going to watch him till finals are over, but after that is what I'm worried about.
Maybe he is upset because he still has feelings for you is that possible? He could come around once the baby is born and help out. Are there any girls in school with you that are in the same situation? My college posts a board for women that need help with daycare and then they help with eachothers children on opposite shifts...
Where at in Michigan are you Lily?

While you of course have the options of adoption also know that many new mothers are overwhelmed.  In fact that can be a sign that you are a good mother.  We manage over time, we learn to juggle things.  I was a single teen mother with #1 DD, left my husband and took both #1 and #2 DD's... and then was a single mother of them for 7 years in a state away from my entire family.  It is hard, and it can be stressful - but also rewarding.

If you wanna talk let me know www.myspace.com/pagestory  or e-mail me at pagestory at gmail dot com
Im located in kalamazoo, MI I go to Western Michigan University. I know I can handle it, but Im just a little nervous about being alone and taking care of a child.
Well the good news is you are a senior so your almost done with school! Congrats! What are you going for?
My major is political science, Im supposed to be taking the LSAT (to get into Law school) in March 08. So this is going to be a busy year
I'm sure you'll do great! My thoughts are certainly with you, I know how much work little ones and school is...Best of luck!
I agree with the other posters, you can handle this.  It will be hectic for a while, but things will eventually find a groove and everything will settle down.  I know how hard it is do take care of a chid on your own.  My ex-husband was not around much when my ds was small.  Just keep in mind that you have all of us behind you when you need to rely on us.  Kasie
Thank you all for your support, I just needed some reassuring because there are days that you feel like its too much and no one cares or is thinking about your feelings. But thanks for being there :)
Anytime hun!  I know its hard and its stressful, especially when you have so much on your plate.  But don't give up on your success, and what you are going through will only make you stronger.  There is probably nothing you will go through that someone here hasn't or can't empathize with.  So hang in there and use us as the best resource as you can.  I'm in MI myself, and my kid bro just moved out of K-zoo.