Pregnant with Twins - One sac significantly smaller than the other
I am 10 weeks pregnant with Twins not through IVF.  At 7 weeks I had my first sono and the doctor said that one sac is significantly smaller than the other but the babies were measuring the same size.  At 8 weeks I went back for a second sonogram.  On the screen on sac was as large as a grapefruit with the baby being a size of a peanut.  The smaller sac was about the size of a golf ball with little amniotic fluid...again the babies were measuring the same size.

My doctor told me that the smaller sac might not be a viable pregnancy and that we would see at week 11 if the baby produced more urine for fluid.  Also said it is possible for the bigger sac to crowd out the second sac and that baby would be absorbed by the body.

Is it common for sacs to be so different in size....what is the likelihood that it will be viable pregnancy.  
I am in the same boat but with triplets.  I am almost 8 weeks and one sac was quite a bit smaller - I'm guess it might be normal, but they did mention the chance of "disappearing twin syndrome" to me as well.  I guess we just have to wait which is horrible.  Good luck and keep me posted.
I'm also preg. w/twins, 17wks 5days today.  At 7 wks my doc. told me one of them was significantly smaller and probably wasn't viable.  Now they are both normal in size and very active.  I'm having a boy and a girl.  So good luck.
Same boat with the smaller sac. I am 8 weeks pregnant with triplets from IVF but only two embryos were put back---my smaller sac divided and carries identical twins. I'm in a wait-and-see pattern right now as there isn't much the docs can say at this point. I was told about the "vanishing twin" and I was also told that there have been cases where one fetus develops normally but just behind the other or others.
I am Pregnant with twins one baby is 2 weeks smaller than the other is that normal?
Good luck everyone I lost my twins.
im 22 weeks pregnant with twins i just had a utrason done and baby b is small but shes 14 oz. baby b is 1 lb im just a lil scard i know there babys that stop growing im praying "hopefully not my case"
My daughter is 10 weeks 1 day and she had slight bleeding cramping. doc said babys both active and strong heart beat. said one baby is smaller than other. But that can happen. said bleeding probably normal too. Good luck!