Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant with muscular dystrophy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant with muscular dystrophy

I have beckers muscular dystrophy and im pregnant... what are my odds that ill pass it on if its a girl? Boy? ive heard different answers from different people and im kind of confused as of which to listen to. My family doctor said 50% and my MDA doctor said it conciders the sex of the child... and never gave me a round obout number. He said it was odd because im a girl thats affected not just a carrier. Thanks for your help!!!

Stevie
I don't know the answer and I didn't even know that it can be passed on.  Just wanted to wish you all the best and best of luck.