Maternal & Child Community
Pregnant with septum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pregnant with septum

I am 5 months pregnant and have a septum uterus.  Is there anyone out there that has gone or is going through the same thing?  I feel alone in this.
I was told at my first scan on the 6th week that I have a septum. But it was not visible in the later on scans. The doc suggested that the septum would move and make space for the baby to grow if it is a small one.
I gave birth a full term baby this Jan. There was no issues at all.

You will need to know if the septum U have is small or it is big. If it is big the possible outcome is an early delivery. Your ObG will let you know if there is any need to worry.
Take care.
Thank you.  Actually, the Dr. said he couldn't tell with regard to how big the size was but did mention what you said about the body making room for the baby.  He also said he has delivered many babies with the mother having septum with no problems.  Thank you for writing.  I appreciate it.  Congradulations on your baby.