Premature baby with Apnea
We have premature twins born on 33rd week, who where in the NICU for 1 week. My daughter the elder of the twins had a couple strokes apnea on the 1st day itself, but later was fine and discharged from hospital. Now she shows irregular patterns of breathing and certain suspicious eye & lip movements. She also keeps arching her back most of the time. The doctor has put her on medication for reflux and asked for an EEG. Does apnea have anything to do with convulsion like behavior.Its 5 weeks since she was born

Thanks in Advance
Preterm babies often have bouts of apnea and/or irregular breathing...it takes a fair while for this to get straightened out.
Is she on an apnea monitor?

I don't know if this has anything to do with suspected seizure behavior or not.  

Med Help has a Neonatology Expert forum, where neonatologists will answer your question.  

try going here:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/show/285

Good luck,

Peek