Maternal & Child Community
Preseed...?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Preseed...?????

Hey everyone, I'm new here and have been trying for two months for my second child.  I'll give you guys a little background, My first son, Tae, passed away on March 6th of this year, he is now forever 8 mths and 7 days.  We miss him terribly, my husband and I want children.  Originally, before our son passed we only wanted "2"....now, we'll take as many as the Lord gives us.  We are on cd 12 and on Clomid (I can barely feel any cm) so I bought Preseed and have read a lot of great stories about it, just wondering if anyone has ever used Preseed? I am really happy I have found this site!!  You all have answered so much of my questions!  Thanx.  Taesmommy.
I am sooo sorry for your loss....there are no words to even say to you that would compare with how much you have been though.... Let me just say that you are a strong woman to move on like this.....
The Preseed.... I tried it and yes, it was nice, but it didn't work for us....and for the Clomid, it also dried me right up....Try Femara (which does similiar things) but does not dry up the CM and you don't get the side effects like clomid..... Can I ask why you are taking clomid????  Did you need to take this for your first child???  Good luck to you and keep us posted...
So sorry for your loss.  No advice on preseed, just wanted to send sympathy from a stranger.  I will be thinking of you and your family.  Sending prayers for comfort your way.
I'm really sorry about the loss of your son.  My heart sincerely goes out to you.
I do like Preseed a lot, but I know it's not a substitute  for CM, as it does not go into the cervix where the sperm would be traveling through (only goes into the vagina).  Preseed does help with vaginal dryness, which often accompanies Clomid.  DH really likes Preseed.  I would give it a try!
I am so sorry for your lost. I am at a lost for words, but i wanted to let you know that you are thought about, and you and your family will be in my prayers tonight.
hi there, so sorry for your loss, how devaststing,
i used preseed after ttc'ing for a year, the first time i used it i fell pregnant, unfortunatly i m/c at 7.5 weeks but im sure it was the preseed that gave me the chance. I hope it works for you, if not first time then just try again! xx
I used Pre-Seed with no problems...it actually helps the sperm get to their destination (and stay there longer) because you squirt it up inside you. That part was a little weird, because you will NEVER get every drop out of the tube. It is best to lie down while putting it in, so it has a better chance of not running out, and gravity will help get it deeper.

I used Pre-Seed every other day about 4 days before I was supposed to O, then, when I got my positive O test, I BD that morning, and again that evening (I was doing my OPK's in the morning, which some have said is the wrong way).
I think we also did it at least once more the following day to be safe.

Anyway, after not getting my hopes up that month, I ended up with my BFP (we had been trying for about 4 months). Of course, we also alternated between positions. Once missionary (in the am, once from behind (in the pm). Because they say those are the best two positions to help the sperm get farther. Then I would elevate my hips on a couple of pillows for 20 to 30 minutes afterward. BD'ng in the early morning is also best because sperm count is highest, so you may want to make time for it, no matter how tired and sleepy you are! :-)

Not sure if this is too much info, but figured I'd share...just in case any of this helped with the BFP! LOL

Best of luck!!
hi Taesmommy i m extremly sorry for ur lose .... yes i used preseed this month it is a very good lubricant but u know what i found it difficult to use its a tube with long neck u have to insert neck in ur vagina i feel some time it could hurt u b/c inside everything is very sensitive n i think i cant go in cirvex it go just to vagina. very good thing about preseed i expeienced is i always feel horrible itching n burning in my vagina after intercourse but when i used preseed there was not itching n burning nottt at alll i was soo relaxed n happy :) i m in 2ww right now i m also on clomid lets see what ll happen this month ...
Hi!
I was interested to read that you were using preseed prior to your pos O result. Did you use it after as well?? I got a pos OPK test result day 13 and had used the preseed that morning...then again the following morning when we bd. We bd twice the next day and once the next but without the preseed as we thought we were only fertile day 13 and 14 :-( Now I`m kicking myself for not using it day 15 and 16 too as we may have lost the chance this month. I have tried searching for info on how long the preseed lasts inside but cant find anything..does anyone know??
Has anyone done what I did and got too spontaineous so put the preseed in straight AFTER bd?? And if so did it work????
Anyone???   pleeeeeeze?????
I have been reading lots on the net about parabens in Preseed. Everyone is focusing on questioning the effects on the woman.... BUT WHAT ABOUT THE LONG TERM AFFECT ON THE FUTURE PERSON  YOU ARE TRYING TO CONCEIVE?
Yes i agree with the risks being low for adults but we are talking about very sensitive little sperms being fully imursed in this stuff for days. Lets try to think about the long term affects on the people conceived using preseed......