Maternal & Child Community
Previous post, can't find it / open forum

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I am trying to find a poem that was posted a few weeks ago entitled "What Makes A Mother". I don't remember what the post was titled under. If anyone can remember...please let me know. Thanks :o)
not sure about what post it was - but there is a website that it is on along with some other really good ones. I'm going to see if I had written it down somewhere. I'll let you know...
Found it!

http://www.geocities.com/babiesinheaven/poems.htm
Is this the one you were talking about

What Makes A Mother

I thought of you and closed my eyes; and prayed to God today I asked what makes a Mother and I know I heard him say.. A Mother has a baby, this we know is true. But God can you be a Mother, when your baby's not with you?

Yes you can, he replied with confidence in his voice I give many women babies, when they leave is not their choice. Some I send for a lifetime; and others for a day And some I send to feel your womb, but there's no need to stay.

I just don't understand this God, I want my baby here He took a breath and cleared his throat; and then I saw a tear. I wish I could show you, what your child is doing today If you could see your child smile with other kids and say "We go to earth to learn our lessons of Love and Life and Fear, My Mommy Loved me oh so much, I got to come straight here..

I feel so lucky to have a Mom, who had so much love for me I learned my lesson very quickly, My mommy set me free. I miss my Mommy oh so much but I visit her each day when she goes to sleep, on her pillow's where I lay.

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek; and whisper in her ear Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I'm here." So you see my dear sweet one, your children are okay Your babies are here in my home; And this is where they'll stay. They'll wait for you with me, until your lesson is through And on the day that you come home; they'll be at the gates for you.

So, now you see what makes a Mother, it's the feeling in your heart It's the Love you had so much of; right from the very start.

By Jennifer Wasik.

Love that poem but now I need more mascara!LOL
THAT'S IT!!! THANK YOU LADIES SO VERY MUCH!! :o)
your welcome. all I did was google the name :)
now im crying like an idiot.....
it really is a nice poem...thanks for sharing.

also....
just wondering what #'s are supposed to be almost week after ovulation. i don't really bbt, but just took my temp this morn for the heck of it and it was about 98.04 (or 98.4, but i think the one before - as you can tell i'm really good at this bbt thing) anyway, i had not gotten out of bed yet and the truth is i haven't taken before so probably can't tell anything from it anyway just thought i'd ask though. thanks in advance.
Googling probably would have been a good idea! Thank you for thinking of it! My DH is at work and wanted to print it out to show someone. For the life of me, I couldnt find it! You ladies are the best. Thanks
I also found this one day while searching through poems. Thought it was also a good one.

How do you love a person
Who never got to be,
Or try again to see a face
You never got to see?
How do you mourn the death of one
Who never got to live,
When there's nothing to feel good about
And nothing to forgive?

I love you, little sister.
You're a person of the wind,
Free to be the memory
Of all that might have been.

I love you, little sister,
My companion of the night,
Wandering through my lonely hours,
Beautiful and bright.

What does it mean to die before
You ever can be born,
To live the lovely night of life
And never see the dawn?

Ah! My little sister,
You lived like anyone!
Life's a burst of joy and pain,
And then, like yours, it's done.

I love you, little sister,
Just as if you'd lived for years.
No more, no less, I think of you,
The angel of my tears.
Jen, thank you for that, it was really beautiful. BTW, how are things going with you? I see you pop in every now and then with posts. Any sign of AF yet?
that was so beautiful I love to read proms
Hi - thanks for asking! I'm doing pretty good actually. AF isn't expected until next week (wednesday). I haven't been stressing too much about it though. DH and I tried to bd every other day - or at least every 3 days. I let him worry about reminding me to do that - and he didn't forget! :) This is so much easier than stressing about it, and counting down, etc. My bro is getting married next weekend and I am in the wedding - I have been trying to help them get things ready so it has kept me busy. I really, really, really hope that af doesn't show and I can finally get my BFP - but if it doesn't happen I think I'll be okay. I'll just have to keep trying.
How about you - how are you feeling? I remember reading your posts about the trouble you were having... is everything okay now?
Here is another poem submitted by Silvee716 back on 5/31 which I liked.

I read this beautiful poem from one of the yahoo groups a belong too. A grandmother wrote it for her daughter that just lost her daughter in utero at 26weeks to Turner Syndromes. It is very beautiful and I wanted to share it with all of the women here that have lost their babies.

To My Beautiful Mom

I wonder why God sent me here
To be with you for this brief stay.
I didn't shed a single tear.
I didn't live a single day.

God sent me down for half a year
And I lived inside you while on earth.
I knew no pain, I knew no fear.
I passed away before my birth.

You loved me even though you knew
You might lose me from the start.
So I can't spend my life with you,
But I can live inside your heart.

I think God wanted you to see
That you must live from day to day
Thinking of the Mom you'll be
When He sends another child your way.

I was not with you very long
And I know my leaving made you sad.
But now I'm back where I belong
Watching over you and Dad.
I feel a lot more confident than I did last week. Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks. My first OB appt is WED the 28th. Counting those days down. I have been taking it extremely easy this past week. Hopefully good news at the docs. :o)

I love weddings! Everyone we know is married now though, so none for us for a while...unless we crash one! Haha! I hope you have a great time! Are you going to take a HPT Thursday of AF doesnt show WED?
This is another georgeous poem
I'd rather be a mother then anyone on earth bringing up a child or two of unpretentious birth. I'd rather nurse a rosey babe
with warm lips on my breast then wear a queens medallion
above a heart less blest.I'd rather tuck a little child
all safe and sound in bed- then twine a chain of diamonds
about my foolish head. I'd rather wash a smudgy face with round bright baby eyes- then paint the pageantry of fame, or walk amoung the wise.

This is another georgeous poem

That's good to hear! I'm sure your dr appt. will go fine. They'll tell you that everything is fine and then you can feel even better! You'll have to let me know how it goes!

I haven't really decided what to do about the hpt yet. I probably will take one on Thursday - or maybe I'll cheat and try it a little earlier. I was informed that there is going to be some specific alcohol set out for the wedding party and so I definitely need to know before the wedding. But if I do get a + I still won't want to tell everyone yet, so I would have to figure out how to not drink, but not tell them why. :)

This past week I was at work and then I started to feel really sick. I thought I was going to be sick - but I didn't. It lasted about 5 minutes and then I was fine again. I also was really hot and then really cold. I probably just ate something bad, but it makes me wonder anyway - and gets my hopes up thinking it's m/s. Sometimes I wish that there weren't any symptons of pg. :o)
Hhahaha I hear ya girl! Either that, or deffinitive syptoms (symptoms), like your arm turns blue or something that wouldnt happen any other way! I am really hoping the best for you. You'll have fun at the wedding either way. I will be on as soon as I get home from the docs. My appt is at 8:30am....I'm glad I dont have to wait all day.
lol!! That would help! :)

I'm really looking forward to the wedding - I know it will be a lot of fun. And I have become real close to my bro's fiance so I'm so glad they are finally getting married.

It does help to have your appt so early. I usually have to make appts for later in the afternoon and I always hated to wait so long. Those few hours seem to take longer than the week I would wait before that! Ugh - I get so tired of waiting, but once I get my BFP, I know I'll get to do all kinds of it!! :)

That was beautiful. Like I'm not emotional enough already....