Progesterone Injections
My Doctor is recommending progesterone injections weekly starting at 16 weeks until I am 36 weeks along.  I had a baby girl 8 months ago and she was a month premature.  I am pregnant again and they are concerned about another premature delivery.  Has anyone had these or does anyone know anything about them.
We did IVF.  Progesterone is a natural hormone that keeps your uterus from contracting.  I only took the injects from ovulation through week 8.  Then suppositories from weeks 8 - 10.  My suggestion is that you rotate butt cheeks and massage the areas really well after injection to help it absorb.  Your butt will be very tender.  Your dr. should give you instructions, but feel free to ask more questions.
i had mine from week 9-13 to stop bleeding
and I found a nurse who made them painless - even though doc says put them in your cheek (rear)  she found a great spot nearly at my side - and no pain it was awesome
Thank you for the advise.  I did do the suppositories until I was 12 weeks, but now they want me to do the injections.  I hear they are painful. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them.  Thanks again.  
I had these injections from 16 weeks to 35 weeks.  I didn't find them all that painful - at least not what everyone had warned me about.  Be sure to stand pigeon-toed, with your weight off the hip/butt check that you're getting the injection on...this helps to relax the muscle the best.  Like a previous post said, also rub the site after the injection to help it absorb.  Other than that, I really didn't have any problems.  I'm 36 weeks today and having contractions every 8 minutes...but my last shot was early last week.  So it helped me get this far.  Good luck to you!!
Hi there,
I have been on the hydroxyprogesterone injections since 14 weeks and am now 26 weeks. They have worked up until now. I was hospitalized for the past 2 days in preterm labor. I have dialated 1cm and am 50% effaced.
I too had a prior preemie born at 32 weeks. She is now 6 years old. She is doing wonderfully.  My 12 year old was born at 38 weeks.
I was released from the hospital to complete bedrest and on Nifedipine every 4 hrs.  Good luck to you!
Hi my name is Renee and I am 17 weeks pregnant with a history of preterm delivery. My doctor has put me on the hydroxyprogesterone injections and the phamacy informed me that this drug is not FDA approved and I'm concerned should I take these injections or not. Is it harmful to the baby, please anyone who have taken these injections and delivered a healthy baby let me know, thanks.