Maternal & Child Community
Progesterone level on day 22

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Progesterone level on day 22

I have been trying to conceive for almost 2 years now and my doc just decided my progesterone was to low on day 21 usually around 6-7, he then started me on progesterone then my level next month was only 9. Then he put me on clomid for days 3-7 then estrogen for days 8-12 then progesterone for days 15-start of period. I went and had my progesterone checked on day 22 and it came back 68.5 I took a preg test this morning and it was negative this is day 27.  Could all the meds make my progesterone level that high or could that just mean that I am finally pg? I noticed that around time of ovulation that I had no cervical mucas change and my temp never spiked. My doc said that the meds could mess with these symptoms is that true?
I am sorry, I don't know the answer.  I just wanted to let you know that I read your question.
my guess... the clomid made you ovulate finally and that combined with the progesterone increased your level... I know you said you were on day 27 of your cycle and your test was negative... keep in mind that with clomid you generally ovulate around day 17-19 of your cycle so it probably too early to test even with an early detection PG test...

good news is you ovulated and it sounds like you didn't before (progesterone too low to indicate ovulation) I feel it necessary to tell you that the progesterone will probably delay your period if it comes.. when I was on clomid my period was 10 days late even though I wasn't pregnant... there is a very good possibility you are pregnant though- especially if you BD'd around days 17-19.

keep us posted ok? :o)
being on the progesterone and the clomid will make your progesterone high. you could be PG but the levels are the drugs. i am on progesterone too and he said that testing my levels wouldn't tell me anything cuz i am on progesterone supp. when i was just on clomid they could use my progesterone to prove i 'o'ed. he probably just wanted to test you to make sure the meds were working. if you are late for your period then wait 3 more days and test again, if you are not due yet wait till you miss it then test again. hope this helped.

love, hugs, and baby dust....kimmie
I did some blood work yesterday.  I am eight days delayed and the nurse said my progesterone level went up at 35.6 and that I ovulated.  does that mean it's too late for us to have an intercourse? or might I be pregnant?  Please help? I am confused now