Progesterone levels
Does anyone know what a normal progeserone level is for a nonpregnant person?  I just started chlomid and at my first blood test (day 21), my level was just .4.  That number seemed low to me whether I'm on Chlomid or not.  Any thoughts or suggestions?  Thanks!!
I believe that a 4 is not abnormal for a nonpregnant woman.  I know that it's suppose to be low. During pregnancy it rises...begins as low as 15 (w/out much concern) and rises throughout pregnancy...I believe 20 is the magic number that indicates a positive pregnancy may occur.  I've had 2 miscarriages and the progesterone was very low the 2nd time (5).  It's now staying between the 21.7-29.9 range (about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant!  Third time...is hopefully a "charm!"  Good luck.
Thanks for your comment.  Good luck to you too!!  I wish you all the best.
I just currently finished my last cycle on clomid, and my progesterone level was up to 11.3. But before that it was always below 6. I've been doing some research on progesterone levels, and doctors say... "That anything above 3-6 is a good chance of ovulation". So I'm hoping that being up there will mean a chance of conception. Don't worry to those who feel down about their progesterone level check. It'll get better... Trust me, I know how it feels to feel lost and confused. We all just got to be here for each other and keep sites like this going. So God Bless to you all and don't give up!!!
hi im just trying to work out my doc didnt really explain my progesterone result im not pregnant and wanted to know if i was ovulating my doc said it ws normal and it was wrote as 3.3
Progesterone needs to be 10 + to sustained any pregnancy. If your number was lower then that it may be a sign of not ovulating.
I just had my progesterone level result today, and it's 89.6, the doc said anything above 30 is good. So i'm going to wait for 2 weeks and see if i am pregnant!