Progesterone suppository
My Dr has put me on the progesterone suppositories because my levels were dropping. I put them in at night, but then end up getting up several times to use the bathroom and some of the progesterone comes out. Am I still absorbing enough of it or am I losing too much down the toilet? Has anyone experienced this too? Thanks!
Why dont you ask for progesterone shots instead. I am having them once a week to help me get through my first trimester and they are so much easier than suppositories.
that is very normal,its also normal to spot occasionally with them as well..   due to irritation to the cervix so don't get alarmed.
My nurse told me that the gelatin in the suppository would indeed run out, but that in the first half hour, you get enough progesterone to do the job.  Just wear a minipad.  :)

It's also worth mentioning that the idea with progesterone is to have a dose on a very regular basis.  Again, I was told by my nurse when I was taking shots that they don't last in your system very long.  I had to take a daily shot for that reason.  So progesterone suppositories, messy as they are, might be a much easier option.

Are any of you having any side effects to the progesterone? I have been having muscle aches since I went on progeterone last Saturday.
Thanks so much for the info again. You have been very helpful and I really appreciate all of your knowledge! I don't really mind the suppository...was more worried that it was a leaking out every time (which is lots of times!) I peed! Hope you're having a good weekend!
Marcy
So far...no spotting but thanks for the heads up!
I wasn't having any symptoms before the suppository...since I've been on them I have had a little nausea and dizziness...more like carsickness. I definitely think that the progesterone causes pregnancy type symptoms, etc. Hope you are feeling okay.
yes, i had those symptoms as well taking the progesterone.  dont worry, you are getting enough.  they give you more than you need in those suppositories b/c of the leakage.  i hear they are better thanthe pill or shot b/c it goes directly to where it needs to be.
good luck!
Hi there--

I think I may be pregnant again, after one miscarriage in July....

Do you think I should bring up progesterone suppositories/shots to my doctor?

Just wondering...

Could that help prevent m.c?
I was put on the prometrium vaginally because I had 2 previous m/c's.  My dr told me as soon as I got a positive prego test to call the drs office and they prescribed them to me.  I'm not sure if it help's prevent m/c's , I beleive its just something else to help your body thru the 1st trimester escpecially if your progesterone levels are low. My dr has me on them until wk 12.  I am currently in my 8th week and I do have the leakage as others have posted.  The nurse instructed me to wear a mini pad or liner to help with this.  She also prewarned me that this would happen and that the body is getting what it needs so not to worry.  They have me on them 3 times a day. I'm hoping to make it thru this week since both previous mc's were right after 8 wks.  

Good Luck to all of you!!!