Maternal & Child Community
Provera!! whats it for ? how to use it?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Provera!! whats it for ? how to use it?

well...i found out today tru blood work that im not preg. im 5 days late for af so my RE gaved me Provera he just says to take 5 pills one each day...i want to know how soon should i expect my af? and is it ok to take clomid once my af showes using provera too? anyone?
I took Clomid for 4 cycles, everytime it does not work and i'm late for AF i was given Provera to get my period back and I can start a new cycle. It usually takes 2 to 5 days to have AF after the first pill of provera.
I have not used Provera and clomid together, but have been put on Provera a few times to bring on periods, because I do not get my AF without being on bc.  Each time I have taken it my body has reacted differently.  The first time I was on it I got my AF 3 days into taking provera, and another time I got it 2 days after I finished taking Provera, so I guess maybe bettwen days three and seven.  
I took Provera to make me start a period. My ob said it could take up to 2wks after you were done taking it. Then when I did start on day 5 I started Clomid as I usually would. It was always about 2wks after I was done with Provera to start. I only took it like 2 times and then started to have a period on my own.
I had to take provera once. I had to take 1 pill for 10 days, and af didn't show up until 6 weeks later. I don't know if that is normal or if it's because my body was so messed up after the depo shot and it was my first period after depo.