Pulled muscle?
I am 13 wks pregnant and experienced some strong discomfort in my lower left abdomen about a week ago.  The pain started in the middle of the night and could be comforted if I laid in certain positions.  After an emergency trip to the doctors office, thinking the worst, I was informed that I have a pulled muscle.  They did not complete an ultrasound, it was diagnosed by pushing around the area of discomfort.  The doctor says this is very common in pregnant women and can be caused by the baby growing faster than the muscles are ready for???  Yet, everyone I have explained this to has never heard of it.  Has anyone else experienced pulled muscles during pregnancy or should I consider a second opinion?  Thanks so much!
Thank you Kimmie for your response.  It really eased my mind.  This is my first pregnancy so this is all very new to me.  I got to hear the heartbeat during my examination and that was unbelievably awesome.  If I had my own doppler, I'd listen all the time!  I am trying to take it easy and I hope this doesn't happen again!
pulled muscles are very common during PG....especially a 1st PG. the muscles have never had to stretch like this before and the growth of the baby can cause a muscle to pull or strain. take it easy and try not to over do anything so the muscle can heal itself. it is normal but if you are worried call your doc on monday to get a confirmation to ease your mind. at 13 weeks your uterus is finally raising over the public bone and this can cause a muscle pull from the stetching ligaments.

love....kimmie
I had a pulled muscle with my second son just a little shy of 35 weeks.  It is rather painful, but will go away on it's own with lots of rest. I delivered a healthy baby boy and all was well.  After the pulled muscle though did not lift another thing until the delivery.  Good luck to you.
Yes, I am 13 weeks pregnate and I have a pulled muscle in my uterus. My doctor said it was caused by lifting my 2 year old son who weighs about 30 lbs. I have been advised I am no longer able to do so :( So dont feel as if you are the only only i get the same terrible pain as well.