Pulmonary Stenosis
I am currently 35 wks pregnant and have already had an echo on the babys heart previous and it came back normal, Now today I was just at the Dr's for an ECHO on the babys heart again and they have found a thickness in the right valve and have called it Pulmonary Stenosis.

I would have normally asked this question at the DRS but I didnt realize at the time it was actually as severe as it was, I didnt know it was a birth defect, I also didn't know it would never go back to normal.
The Dr told me it has a 25% blockage which means that the blood flow is 75% instead of 100%, thats where my question lies... Is this a SEVERE case of Pulmonary Stenosis?

After readinf numerous pages on the internet and googling my brain out on here I have found that there is mild-severe cases of this disorder, BUT one website said in most cases if diagnosed in the womb it is usually a severe case and requires the balloon surgery.

I am rather boggled, confused, saddened & frustrated I guess.
Thank you
Melissa
My son had a bicuspid aortic valve and mild aortic stenosis that was not diagnosed until after he was born. He had mild blockage when he was a newborn and it was monitored and he required the balloon dilation of the valve at 9 months old. He had that done and it was done through the artery in his leg. they thread the cathater up and then dilate it in the valve. He was just fine. Even when the doctors told me he needed it done there was no outward signs he was sick. and even now they thing that the leakage is to much and are talking about replacing his valve sooner rather than later. he still looks fine. Try not to worry. ask your doc all the questions you have at your next appiontment. Don't be afraid to make a list and sit there until you have all of the answers you need. Good Luck and let me know if you have any other questions.