Maternal & Child Community
Pulse Throbbing in Lower Abdomen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Pulse Throbbing in Lower Abdomen

Anyone else feel a pulse in their lower abdomen while pregnant?  Only on one side?  I mean LOW, like in the crease where your abdomen meets leg.  I feel a throbbing through my skin - it's like the pulse you will feel in your neck when you press your neck artery.  It keeps me awake at night and thuds away along with my heartbeat.  My doctor felt it and says it's my femoral artery and that it's dilated because I'm pregnant.  Now of course I'm on the internet and I find research documents that say there is no impact on the femoral artery when pregnant.  Does anyone else feel this?
I guess I mean on the lower left (or right) side where your pelvis meets leg. (not abdomen - I got mid-abdominal throbbing when I was pregnant last time.)
Hi Suzee...

I'm not sure about that.. But I've been able to feel pulsing everywhere! They say your blood flow increases (by about 4 lbs by the time the baby's born) during pg.. You can try cutting down on any caffeine (including chocolate) and sugar.. And I've found that after eating alot of carbohydrates, I do more "pulsing"..

As long as the doc has ruled out anything bad, try those. :)

-Heather
I'm sure you are just feeling it there most, because your femoral arteries are very large.  It probably wouldn't hurt to put your legs up and use an ice pack to help reduce the extra dilation when you got to bed at night.
Sorry for stealing your thread, but they're all out of space already!

I have a question about my due date.  I'm highly irregular - when I'm not pg ;).  Like, I've been anywhere from a few days early to 11 days late.  I never knew when to expect AF.  So now I'm pg and I know that you're supposed to count 40 wks from the first day of your last period.  The thing is, while we were trying I always tried to make a "date" with DH 14 days before AF was due - and nothing.  Then after AF started 8/29 we had sex before AF was completely over - like on 9/3 (I think that's the date).  Well, on 9/6 I got sick, thought I had the flu.  Funny thing was, when I threw up I didn't feel better (usually I do).  I've been naseous (sp?) ever since.  No more throwing up though (thank You Lord).  So I wondered about being pg for 3 WKS!! before Af was "late".  Then I tested (twice) the Tuesday after AF was "due" (I based it on 28 days for lack of something better).  So, what about my due date?  Should I just stick w/ June 4 (40 wks from 8/29)?  I know due dates aren't reliable but I'd like to have some day to actually look forward to.  Thanks in advance,
Amber
Should have said that after I tested on that Tues. both test were positive (YEAH!).
You'll have to rely on your doctor for this confusing picture!

If your cycles are irregular, you can't count on the 40 weeks from LMP.  Your doctor will be able to "size" the uterus by feel and through early ultrasound.  

I feel this too at night when I am lying down. It is like my I can feel my pulse in my abdomen. It kind of throbs...weird!! Shannon
   I have that right now but everyone tells me that the baby has the hicups how far alone are you if you like 5 months or so maybe your baby just has the hicups its a lil funny feeling and does feel like a pulse or something that is how I discribed it well good luck...keep us posted
38weeks:  I am only 9 weeks pregnant today.  I do remember those baby hicups though :) it's pretty cute!

flibird: don't worry about stealing my thread!  I feel bad posting questions b/c everyone says they aren't able to post - well, every time I try to post, even if it's 3pm (I'm on the east coast) I get on.  If you ovulate early, you DEFINITELY do not go by the date the doc's office gives based on your LMP.  It won't apply.  They will able to date the baby when you get an ultrasound.  If you don't want to wait for that, take the date the doc's office gave you and shave off a few days (based on when you thought you ovulated - not when you had sex - the sperm can live for days in you before you release your egg)
Thanks for the comments.  I'm sure I'll have many more questions before all this is over - then I'll probably have even more!!  BTW, when I tried to post yesterday it was 2 pm here (oklahoma). Crazy, huh?
my periods have been reg for the last 10 months until now i started 3 days early.  according to a ovulation calendar i would ovulate on feb 28th.  today march 1 i started cramping on my lower right side and i feel a pulsation right at the same area.  i have had 2 kids they r 11 and 9 and i never felt any of this   what does it mean
trish
trish
Hey everyone I'm also going to be a thread stealer sincere apoloogies.  Basicly, I had my contraception out my arm as I had the implanon, removed beginning of January and after the removal I had sex once and I had spotting 2 weeks after for 2 days then it stopped carried on a day and stopped again since then I've had no sign of. Perriod and. I'm eating a lot more than usual keep getting period like cramps and I have this white discharge all of the time . It, hasn't any odour at all.. Just I get it everyday its odd and obviousely its now nearly the end of march still nothing and I'm to scared to take a test would be niice to know other people's views.. Sabrina