Maternal & Child Community
Quant (?) Level

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Quant (?) Level

I just found out I'm pregnant-6.5 wks. Had my first doc appt yesterday, my quant level is 49,000.  Is that high?  the nurse said that they want at least a 1500 to get a good visual on the sonogram.  could this mean there might be more than one baby?
Here are a couple websites I found very helpful when I had questions about HCG levels in the past.  Looks like you are right where you need to be.  The only way to see if there is anything abnormal about your levels is that they wouldn't double in 2 days.  Are you scheduled for another blood test?

http://www.obfocus.com/questions/qanda7.htm

http://www.ivfer.com/hcg.htm

http://www.inciid.org/betas.html

I'm not scheduled for another blood test because that was so high.  I'm having a vaginal sonogram in 2 weeks.
I was 30,000 at 6 weeks - 1 baby and all is fine.  At 4 weeks I was 400 or so.  At 6.5 weeks, 49,000 sounds great and within range, but too low for twins.  You may be having a girl - statistically girls have slightly higher hcgs than boys.  Good luck to you.
Thanks all of you for your help and input!
I don't have any advice to offer you about what you are dealing with, however I wanted you to know that I am praying for you and your little one daily.  I guess people don't understand how hard it is to RELAX after a miscarriage.  I would probably be on pins and needles too. If you are really on edge with this, I would call the doctor back just for reassurance....
SORRY TO POST BUT THERE WAS NO M0RE ROOM, I POSTED BELOW DIDNT KNOW IF ANYONE WOULD SEE, WELL HERE GOES , HAD MISCARRIAGE AND DN C IN NOV,FIRST CYCLE DEC 11 JUST FOUND OUT I WAS PREG. WELL AFTER FIRST APPT, WENT GROCERY SHOPPING AND WALMARTING, CAME HOME HAD SMALL DROP OF BLOOD, THEN NO MORE, SMALL FLECKS OF BROWN WHEN I PEE (WHEN WIPING), WENT BACK TO DR THE NEXT DAY , HE SAID THE OS WAS CLOSED WHATEVER THAT MEANS BUT THEYS AID ALL LOOKED GOOD!SO IM WONDERING IF I DID MISCARRY WOULD HE REALLY BE ABLE TO TELL, AND WOULD SOEMTHING STILL BE OPEN? AND EVERYONE I KNOW SAYS NOT TO WORRY LOTS OF WOMEN BLEED A BIT AFTER A PAP, AND ESPECIALLY SINCE I HAD D N C JUST A LITTLE WHILE AGO...BUT SEE WITH MY LAST MISCARRIAGE I HAD BROWN DISCHARGE MUCH MORE THOUGH, IT SEEMS LIKE TAT OWULD BE OLD BLOOD , I JUST DONT UNDERSTAND IT IS ALOTHOUGH NOT THE SAME IT IS JUSTR SMALL FLECKS SO IM THINKING MAYBE FROM THE PAPA,,,,ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY IDES MY NEXT APPT IS NEXT WEEK AND A BLOOD TEST QUANTATIVE BETA IM ASSUMING!!!!
Your hcg levels were at 400 at 4 weeks? then went to 30,000 at 6? Did you have any testing in between? Sorry about all the questions but I had two hcg levels done and the first was 218 and the second only went up to 360. (4 days apart, due Sept 10, should be a 6 weeks tomorrow but last weeks hcg levels put me at 2 or 3 weeks)I am jsut looking for ANYTHING confirming that my baby COULD still be okay despite low hcg levels.
I wonder if the lab where I had mine done has a similar chart.  That would explain why my doctor thought my levels were just fine...  I'll have to ask Monday at my appt....
Hcg levels can vary so widely that I think as long as you are rising you may very well be just fine.  My levels were always on the high end of normal.  The range at 6 weeks is 1000-56000 or something and at 4 weeks is like 15-426 or so.  Plus different labs measure it differently.  I conversely have been worried mine were too high and I know high hcgs can mean down syndrome.  I am 26 yrs old and am 33w1d pregnant and I had 2 level 2 u/s and baby looked perfect on each but I still worry.  I didn't have the MSAFP test and now wish I had.  Seems like I worry about EVERYTHING!!!!!  best of luck to you.
hi, i had a test today and at 5 weeks today, mine are at 12,561.00, and according to the chart from the lab at the hospital it is as follows
4 wks  40-4,480
5 wks 270-28,700.00
6 wks 370-84,9000
7 weeks  970-120,000
but all the websites at 5 weeks the highest was 7,430. so i feel much better ill have to see what the reslts are saturday!
thanks
I went to my doc at 12 dpo and my hcg was 233..he say that is too low..I don't understand how that is low when I wasn't even due for my period..I was 1 week and 5 days past conception..he wabts me to have another test done..
How did you find that chart - did you just call the lab or your ob's office?
i can send it to you. it was on my rsults!they did not double but did go up do you know if they are supposed to double
I recently found out I was pregnant.  I went to the doctor on January 29th and my hcg level was 101.  I went to the doctor on Saturday January 31st and my hcg level was 203.  I have had a constant cramping in my lower abdomen.  I have asked the doctors several times and no one will give me  a straight answer.  Is cramping normal?  I don't have it all the time, but it is about 12 hours out of the day.  Should I be worried?  I am only about 4 to 5 weeks along.  Thanks
my lmp was mar 15 and i had my first beta drawn on April 30-it was over 17,000. then wen to the dr for an u/s on may 6-which should make me 7 wks 3 days and they only found a sac.....had another beta drawn it was 49,000.....Dr doesnt feek like it is a viable pregnancy @ all. We have another scan on thursday so we will see then!