Maternal & Child Community
Question on 'kick count' at 31 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Question on 'kick count' at 31 weeks

I had a call into my OB today b/c my baby has not been as active as normal the past few days, his heartbeat is good(i have a home fetal doppler) but his movements are not, I called and they said they like 4-6 kicks hour....After I hung up I started wondering what she ment by "kick" do they mean any type of movement OR actual kicks?? He does more rolling than licking? Does that count towards the "kick count"
Related Discussions
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
168006_tn?1241016561
Kick counts include kicks, jabs, shifts and twitches.  So, yes, rolling would count.
Blank
yes any movement
Blank
You are fine, I am also 31 weeks and experienceing less movement.  I barely feel kicks, I feel more squirms than anything.  Doc said it was perfectly normal.

You're fine

God Bless
Blank
Thanks guys :-)
Blank
Yes you are fine.  I was having the same problem.  Kinda scares you I know.  I have went for 2 NST and everything was great.  I have to see if I have to go back for anymore now.  Good luck!  They are just running outta room!
Blank
I am almost 31 weeks and I swear it feels like he is trying to escape!! It's  mostly when his daddy is around though. When he hears him, he gets really active. It's so cute because my dh will put his hand on my belly and the baby will kick his hand. I love it!
Blank
Hi.. Just wanted to say that I cant believe how fast pregnancy goes!  I remember when you were in your 20's and I was still waiting to feel my baby kick!  How great it is that we've made it so far with our little ones.  It's a great feeling.  :-)Good luck but, your almost there!
Blank
Hi.. Just wanted to say that I cant believe how fast pregnancy goes!  I remember when you were in your 20's and I was still waiting to feel my baby kick!  How great it is that we've made it so far with our little ones.  It's a great feeling.  :-)Good luck but, your almost there!
Blank
Blank
sorry about the double comment, I'm not sure what happened. :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank