Quick question about Naked Juice/Open Forum
Hey guys.  I bought some naked juice last week because it just seems so healthy and all.  Well, I looked at the label and it said it had "green tea extract" in it.  I try to stay away from green tea/green tea extract because I know it can cause birth defects.  Do you think it's OK to drink it?  I'm super paranoid about what I consume these days...

Also...naked juice is only "lightly pasteurized", should I be hesitant about drinking it for that reason too.  Just a cautious mommy to be!  I can't belive I have my 4 month appointment next week!  

Good luck to all of you ttc!!
Low, 4 month? WOO HOOO!!!!! I dont know anything about "naked" juice.Unless its juice you drink naked..lol..J/k.Hope everything goes good ((hugs)) nanis
I drink naked juice all the time!  I never considered that it might not be okay during pregnancy, I'm 33 weeks right now.  Ask your dr and let me know.
Nanis -- hi sweetie!  You could drink it naked...  Hehe.  It's just really great all natural juice drinks.  It says what all is in it -- like 2 strawberries, one orange, one banana, etc. and then talls exactly how much protein, calcium, vitamin C, etc. is in it.  It's delicious!!  

gml -- I love it too but will ask just to be safe...
Hey girl!  How are you feeling?? I know you were spotting brown last week and was just curious if that had stopped and wanted to see how you were....
Green tea can cause birth defects?  I was sucking it down in the 5th week unaware that it even had caffeine!  I quit when I learned but I was unaware of birth defects???
I read about it in some of my baby books.  I had always heard hearbal tea can cause m/c's but had no idea about the birth defects with green tea either.  Here is a quick google search on it:

A recent study in Cancer Research reported that a compound in green tea called EGCG can stop the growth of cancer cells by inactivating an enzyme in the cancer cell called dihydrofolate reductase (DHFR). However this enzyme DHFR is also necessary for folic acid utilization. If DHFR is inactivated by the EGCG found in green tea, the fetus will not be receiving the full benefits of folic acid-the key nutrient in the prevention of neural tube birth defects.

Babyfit Tip: Pregnant women should be cautious about green tea. Avoid supplements that contain EGCG in any amount, and use green tea in moderation-no more than 2 cups daily.

It's all about moderation.  I'm sure you did not suck that much of it down!  
i've been drinking the naked bluberry bc it seems to help with constipation.. i'd think the amt you get in the juice is so minimal it wouldnt cause a problem.
the packaging used for naked juice may contain BPAs its #7 recycling code..