RH shot, when do I need to get another one?
Hi all! I had my first ever preg end in M/C on Halloween this year. They gave me a Rhogam shot I think it's called? Said I was RH- whatever that means. My Doc told me I would not need another one...

I read here that I would need another one in 3 months if I haven't conceived yet and I haven't :(

Can anyone tell me if I should set up an appt. and get one?

babydust to all of u in 2007!!!!
Hey Candy!

I am RH negative too!!! I knew we were meant to be friends!!! LOL!!!!!
I have A- blood. My DH has A+, so for all of my pregnancies I have had to get the Rhogam shot.
I have never heard that you have to get one every three months; all my life through all my pregnancies that was never what I did. You only get another one when you are pregnant again, and then again after giving birth IF your babies blood is +.
ALL of my children are + like their Daddy, so I had to get the shot each time.
So...unless this is somethig VERY new, that is not true.
You will just need one when you are pregnant again.
No, you shouldn't need another shot.  But always check with your doctor.
I had to get one of these too and if I remember right they gave me a card that said the shot was good for one year.
OH GOOD! I feel better now.....you all know how "those" kind of DR appt's go I am sure. I was in a fog.........

I am A- too Jen so it was meant to be! LMAO! Keep me posted..(i know you will!!!) I am praying hard for you!!!

Candy :-)
If the mother is Rh + then you do not need to get a Rhogam shot.
You only need Rhogam if the mother is Rh- and the father is Rh+.
If you are Rh- and you don't know the blood type of the father, they will give it to you anyway.
They will test for Rh antibodies when you go in for your first prenatal appt./bloodwork. If no antibodies are detected, you will not be given an injection until 28 wks. of pregnancy. Antibodies would only be present if you had a previous delivery/miscarriage/abortion with an Rh+ baby (and the mother is Rh-), and you did not receive Rhogam injection.
Do women who are RH + and their partners are RH - need the shots as well?
You do not need another shot, unless you conceive again and have spotting more than 10 weeks after your last shot.  then you will need one at 28 weeks and one after the birth of your child if that child is rh+.
I am RH- and I had the shot with my first son 7 years ago. I am sooo ready for another child! My husband and I have been trying for 3 years now... I dnt know what to do! Do I need another shot bc its been so long since the last one. I also think ive had early miscarraiges and I just want another baby.... Someone help me find answers please!!!:(