Maternal & Child Community
Random Blisters on my 6 month old.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Random Blisters on my 6 month old.

I have a six month old little boy who has been to the doctor 6 times in the past month for blisters all over his body.  They look like little insect bites, then they blister up with fluid, and burst.  Then they scab up and turn hard.  This has been going on for about a month now, and he has been to the pediatricians office 6 times because I am so confused about what is going on.  They keep diagnosing him with Impetigo, and he has been on 2 types of antibiotics, and Bactroban cream.  He is still getting them.  They have no idea of what these blisters can be.  They said that they didn't think that they were herpetic because they are perfect circles, and herpes tends not to be circular.  He has them mostly on his arms, legs, and head, with one on his stomach.  They don't seem to be painful to him, and he doesn't flinch if you touch them.  They haven't been contagious, I don't know if it's because he's on the antibiotics or not.  Do you have any ideas?
Has he been to a dermatologist, or just to the pediatrician?

I really wish that I could tell you the name of the skin disorder that my son was diagnosed with when he was 5.  Same thing though.  The visit to the dermatologist was a smart way to go.  I was told for years that my son had impetigo which was disproved once he saw the dermatologist.  We were living in a state with sandy like dirt which is where they thought it was coming from.  He now only has the flare ups when he gets bit by a mosquito.  The bad part is that it left dark circles (like a healed sore) wherever he had a blister.  This may sound painful but what they did to my son was a biopsy: where they went down into the skin and cut one of the bumps off and had it tested.  It has been almost 10 years with no flare ups.  Again, I am sorry that I cannot remember the name of the skin disorder.
Just the pediatrician right now, but he's going on Thursday to a dermatologist.  It's just so strange because they will be completely healed and then start right back up again within a matter of 3 days, and it's not really on his torso.  They thought at one point that they could be spider bites, but another one ruled that out.  He's seen 4 doctors!
That is exactly what they look like.  They look like little burns at first then they burst and become this sore that turns brown, I don't think that they are hurting him though, but he has 2 more on his legs today!
I know someone that has similar blisters around their neck and arms as you explained and they informed me that they were diagnosed by their dermatologist with excema (it think that is how it is spelled.)  You may want to ask your doctor/dermatologist about it.  Hope it helps.

guinea
My son started with blisters around his month when he was 9 months old and it did become impetigo and spread to his hands and all over his face.

We finally figured out he has allergies and was very sensitive to food. He's 5 years old now ---he had a long list of allergies but now it is mostly food dyes epecially blue (and they are everywhere read your labels) and most nuts. Has your child started on food? If he has most baby food, except organic have a ton of additives. Read the labels. Not only food but laundry detergent---rinse with vinegar---lotions--shampoos---additives and fragrances and dyes are all over. Good Luck.