Maternal & Child Community
Rash after fever...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Rash after fever...

Ok, I posted that DS had a fever for four days and took him to the doctor and they said it may be viral. No specifics, I just got a "it may be viral" and a piece of paper to sign saying go home. Yesterday morning he woke up with a rash all over his chest, back, face, and head, and it started spreading to his arms and legs. I took him back to the doctor with no answers, and the nurse saying to set up an appointment, I couldn't call until this morning since the appointment desk was closed for the day, and now he has an appointment Friday. Today his rash is worse all over where it previously was, and has spread to his arms and legs...I'm thinking about taking him to the hospital tomorrow, but wanted to see if any of you had any advice as to what it may be/experiences like this. I've been googling rashes most of the day, and I'm just worrying myself...by the way DS is 14 months...and not sleeping through the night, he's also been coughing the last few days, specifically every time he eats and drinks.
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
676912_tn?1332816151
Sorry...I meant to edit the first part since I had posted before in Pregnancy 19-34, he had a fever for four days, Thursday-Sunday and got the rash yesterday (Tuesday)
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
its very normal for viral infections to produce a rash after the fever breaks. can be just a generic viral infection, or possibly roseola or fifths. as long as his symptoms aren't getting worse and his fever is controlled, i'd avoid the ER. chances are, he'd pick up something worse at the er.  what does the rash look like? is it raised, lacy in appearance but not raised, spots, etc?
Blank
676912_tn?1332816151
it's splotchy and dots
Blank
Sounds normal to me my kids always get a rash after a high fever that lasts a few days. It is the bodies reaction to the fever.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...