Maternal & Child Community
Reaction to Acidic Fruits
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Reaction to Acidic Fruits

Okay so DS i have noticed cannot handle oranges...they go right through him causing little lumps/sores around his mouth as well as causing diarrhea and horrible bum rashes. In the past few weeks I have come to notice that this also happened when he would have peaches/nectarines, pineapple...now we are going to cut out(at daycare mainly) the apple sauce, apple juice as well as apples. All the juices he has at home are 100% real fruit juices, low acid as well as watered down greatly... 1/4-1/2 of a cup of juice and the rest water....depending on the juices. I will be bringing him some juices at daycare for when they actually do have juice so that he can too have some....

(The reason i still dilute his juice so much is for his teeth mainly because of his puffers for his asthma apparently are wonderful(notice the sarcasm) at rotting his teeth...so with the added juices, candies etc...

so I'm just curious to know if any of you out there have had issues with this also.. I would think tomatoes should do this for him also but he does not have them regularly like fruits....do you have any suggestions???

the only fruits he will be allowed for now until we can figure out whats going on are pears, strawberries and bananas.... what do you think?