Maternal & Child Community
Really Gassy during early pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Really Gassy during early pregnancy

Is there anyone else out there who has been really gassy during their pregnancy?  I'm 4 weeks....and really really gassy.  Just wondered if you had been.
I was. That was the FIRST symptom I ever had, and it lasted well into my first trimester.
Not that I still don't have it, but the initial weeks were AWFUL. It didn't even stink! It was just pure air most of the time! LOL

It got to the point where I would just let them go in front of my dh (no matter how big) and when he'd look at me, I'd look at him with REAL innocent eyes and say "But HONEY, I can't help it...I'm pregnant!" LOL
I use that excuse for everything now...but especially when I have to let one!

I have been wanting to ask the same thing.  Thanks Allie for being the brave one.  :-)  I have been really gassy for several weeks now.
i have my days, i was real gassy at the beginning and sometimes now,(i'm  31 wks) i get real gassy. Not very much though.
I just feel like things are rumbling around in my intestines!!! !  And, yes, same as you said, it's just air....it kinda hurts!!!  Sheesh!

I'm glad to know that is normal.
I wasn't gassy in the beginning. I am now 36 weeks and finding that is getting a little worse unfortunately.
LOL I'm glad someone asked this.  It's been horrible for me!  Thank you for letting me know its normal.
that's hilarious!  My dh's family cracks jokes about him letting them go and "oh your poor wife," when in reality, he'll smile at me a say quietly, "Poor wife?  Poor me!"  It's so funny!  My thing is, if I'm bad now, what will it be like when I am pg?!?!  Scary!
I'm in my tww and soooo gassy.  I'm blaming the clomid and I just tell my husband, "Honey, I can't help it...I have issues going on. It's the drugs and hormones."  I really don't know if that is the reason, but hey, it sounds good and he doesn't know the diff:)  I hope it's the reason though, because I've never been so gassy for so long in my life!  How embarrassing huh?
Mine has been really crappy too ... especially at night. From weeks 4-10 I would get really gassy and bloated every single night. It sucked! I couldn't even give myself "belly time" like a baby because it has been uncomfortable to lay on my stomach since before I even found out I was pregnant (I think it was mental at first because I just had this feeling I was pregnant, and I would wake up in the middle of the night on my stomach and really uncomfortable). In my MIL's words, "this too shall pass" ... she always says that when I gripe about my nausea. It's funny. Live it up! ;0)
What's really bad is that you CAN'T hold them! Even if you DO want to...you just can't! They just slip out when you least expect it, like bending over to pick something up, or climbing out of the car. It just happens! LOL

My dh let one the other day, and when he looked over to see if I'd heard it, I just smiled and said "I know...you can't help it, because I'M pregnant"
He just laughed and said, "YEAH, because YOU'RE pregnant!"
Oh god, im soo glad its not only me, i have managed never to break wind infront of my boyfriend of 6 yrs...until now, its cringeworthily embarassing, considering he informed me recently he doesn't think girls should infront of men, but of course its funny for him to do it!! Just having a cuddle the other morning when one slipped out...Eeeek!! He just said, 'don't even try and blame that on me', good job they don't smell, or this story would have been too mortifying to print! Done it twice now, and have taken to saying 'oops' and 'he he' its the only way i can cope with it! Its only when im half asleep thank god! This is my second child, and i DO NOT remember these side effects last time!! But nice to know im in good company!! lol x
Wow, same here, i am 7w today and start to feel crampy but here it is just gas THANK GOD!!!  This is my 3rd child and didn't have this before, but i would assume it is ok and normal.  
My only concern is at 6w4d i had an u/s and no heartbeat, just the sac, no mention of pole etc. So i am not sure and wasn't sure what to look for or ask at that visit.  From reading entries in here this seems to be ok as everyone is different.  I absoluty can not wait until my next u/s...................should i be worried?????
Sorry to break this to you but you will be for the rest of your pregnancy.  Enjoy!
This is interesting, Im 11 days late, so maybe 5 weeks preg, but neg tests as you may have seen me post, and the other day i farted in thr office!

I didnt even feel it start or i would have rushed out!
I'm not sure if I'm pregnant yet. Too early to know...but 'this week, I'm just very gassy...it's terrible because of my work...I have to be very careful. I'm and was always a healthy eater and my eating habits didn't change at all...I'm wondering if this is actually an early symptom...I've never experienced this "gassy" before!
Well...I hope is pregnancy : )
i am really gassy; peeing when i havent drunk anything in hours and i need to know whats going on. i am 11-12 days late on mentrual-no symptoms and the gas kind of comes strong with no smell. can someone email me ***@**** to discuss the possibilities with me? I have been to the hospital for fainting last wed then labor day I vomited and hadnt eaten since earlier that morning.
Still too early to test I have about 5 more days before my AF comes .. but I have a strong feeling she wont lol...
I've been sooo gassy these last two week burping like crazy. Anyone who knows me Knows Im do like to burp out loud but it just comes out now!! sooo hmm plus other little hints along the way are making me think ..Preggie
I noticed i have been really gassy lately && i have been questioning if I am pregnant or not-- I havent had a period this month ( when i was in high school-- it was common for me to have irregular periods.) i didnt become sexually active I was 2 months shy of turning 20-- and before then I was finally starting to have regular periods. my breasts are itchy now ( im not really sure if that is a symptom-- could just be the cold weather? ) Im sorry I am RAMBLING ON! lol Anyways I just want some input-- anything at all-- Ive been rather "mood swingish" and certain smells make my stomach upset but I dont get sick. Then again Im just wondering if its all in my head.... can anyone answer my questions please.
Well I just found out that I am Four weeks and I have been extra gassy myself. I have a lot of gas cramps and that was one of my very first signs of pregnancy as well.
I've had only negative tests so far since i missed my period almost 2 weeks ago, but i've been gassy as hell the last week and a half (coming from both ends!), moody, crampy the last few days, tired, dizzy, bloated, and my bras seem to have shrunk (and that area is really sore). But negative hcg tests. Go figure. My doc wants me to retest in a week and possibly do a blood test or ultrasound in case i'm one of those weird cases that has low hcg. Anyway, i'll find out this week. But the biggest symptom i've had has been the gas. It's ludicrous! I just ate half my dinner and let out a freakin' 20-second belch and a whole lot of... well, let's just say it's a good thing they don't smell!!!
oh my im sorry but i have never laughed so much reading all these however very knowledgeable for me to read. I to myself experiencing symtoms (symptoms) however i have taken up to 5 home tests and then went to a doctor took a urine test which also came up negative he sent me for the blood test and that also came up negative. i have yet to have my AF the last af i had was at the end of august however i had sex at the end of september so i am not officially over one month late..is this still too early to tell if i am pregnant?
I did few pregnant test 3 said i was  because i was having pain for 7 weeks and very very gassy and i went for a ultrasound because i have clamps my sister had two babys off the clamps im still waitting for the test to come back
We tried the artificial insemination thing, and was kind of questioning if it took. If it didn't then my body is acting very weird. First, I became very bloated which anyone else would say "sign of period" but the difference is that knowing my body I know that I don't get bloated until I am a week from my period and right now I am a little more away than that. Then came headaches. I have had a headache for the past three days but refuse to take anything because I don't know what's safe and what is not just in case. Then the gassiness. I don't get gassy unless I can't have a BM, and well, that can't be it!  I am also very crampy which is also abnormal for me this far before my period! I really hope it did take, but am hoping that my body is not just being weird for some crazy reason!!
I'm all very gassy and I'm burping a lot was due af today but no show as of yet just wet down below and finding myself nicker watching every time I feel the wetness also got heartburn and back ache and bit of cramping.Is anybody else getting these symptoms on due day of AF