Really paranoid about umbilical cord stranging baby
Ok maybe I need to relax and stop searching for stuff on the internet.... because I read sooo many stories about babys dying in the womb because of being strangled by the umbilical cord.... Is there anyway to prevent this? excercise? laying on a certain side? anything? My c-section date is Nov 26, and I'm really getting excited and I cant imagine loosing him now that I am so attached. How common is it for babys to die in the womb because of this?
No there is no way to prevent it.  Most of the time when this happens is when the cord is extra long then normal.  Your right stop searching the internet.  Remember many things on the internet are true, but some aren't.  My favorite site I went to when I was pregnant was a site that showed me each week what the baby has developed and the weight.  I think I googled pregnancy calender to get to it.  Babies do die, but there are ways to help prevent things like SID.  Don't smoke or allow anyone to smoke around you, and don't let anyone smoke around the baby when it is born.
Don't worry about everything else because I am sure you will have a safe pregnancy and birth.  Plus since you are getting a c-section you really don't need to worry about the baby being choked.  Your doc can see this on the ultrasound if the cord is around your babies neck.  
thank god, I was so freaking paranoid and scared about that. Yeah I am going to lay off the searching lol  
hahaha wait till after the baby is born you will be even more paranoid.  Trust me!
I use to loose sleep just checking to make sure our daughters were still breathing.  haha
Its normal to worry - esp at the end of the pregnancy. I had a fetal heart monitor that I rented and put it on me 20x's a day exp at the end.  
funny thing is, this is going to be second son... so you would think I would be less of a freak lol I'm not really paranoid about my son at all... we follow the 5 sec rule with food and candy lol I dont staralize all his stuff and wipe his hands 24/7.... but this time around I feel so much more cautious... not even sure why.
I've read that the chances of it happening are so slim. I remember being so scared of this because my baby tumbled around so much.  But she was fine.  The cord is normally wrapped at least once around the neck. This is normal. But its when it's extra long like the other poster said, it can go around 2-3 times which is very bad. I'm sure your fine and it's totally normal to worry. We (the other women who were due around the same time) were such wrecks.. But it was nice to have people going through the same thing you are at the same time.
When are you due? Do you know what your having?
everyone else is right-  you will stay paranoid, but I think that is good-  It will make you a good mother---  I am 24 weeks preggo with my second...  when I was 6 months with my first my BFF had a baby-  I went to see her at the hospital and another woman had given birth-  it wasn't the cord, but the baby died-  I don't know what happened-  but my friend told me all about this, and even though her baby was just fine and about a million other babies were fine that day I couldn't stop thinking about that one baby and mommy...  it made me SO paranoid...  I was scared to death to give birth!  not because of pain or anything, I was so scared she wouldn't make it through it...  she did and she is very healthy and 2 yrs old now!  I am less scared with this one, but still worry about things like that from time to time...  I worried, believe me, WAY more then I should have about all of that before my first, and it was all wasted worry!  :)  I would try to relax a little,  I am sure, just like MOST ALL of the babies born each day, yours will be just fine!  

And then like Laura said, you will worry about he breathing once she is born!  :)

OH,  and about the cord wrapped around the neck thing,  they montitor you so closely when you are in labor, they can most of the time tell when that is happening and they will suggest a c-section-  this happed to my co-worker, her babies heartrate dropped a few hours into labor and the doc said he thought it was the cord-  so they did a c-section-  it was the cord, wrapped around the baby, but she was just fine because they knew what was going on-  so I wouldn't worry about it!  Things will be just great!

Good luck!
newbie has had her baby.  I think she is 4.5months
My baby had the cord around his neck 6 times at 31 weeks. They took him by emergency c-section and all was well. They found it because he was not reactive when he was being monitored so they did a biophysical profile. There is really nothing you can do.
My first son had the cord around his neck 3 times at birth, came out face up, and was over 10 lbs.  They had to cut the cord in order to deliver his body.  He was still very active till the end and they had no clue, but he handled labor well.  You will worry way more when baby gets here, everyone is right.  I still have to hear my older son breathe at night and he's 4 now.  The little one sleeps right beside me, just to be safe.  We have had so many scares with their breathing, I was such a wreck for weeks till we got it under control.  They are worth all of it though!
no way to prevent it, i lost my daughters by an umbilical cord accident at 36 weeks, and doctors said no way to prevent it or interpret(spell) it.
I hate when people say not to worry.  Because guess what, it happens.  It happened to me, and I did EVERYTHING right.  It can happen to you too, sorry.  And there's not much you can do about it.  I hate this notion that we can't scare pregnant women.  I wish someone had scared me a little so I maybe could have been more prepared for it.  And I know several other women that it's happened to, so while it's "rare", it's not that rare.  I can almost guarantee that anyone you ask, they will know someone it's happened to.