Maternal & Child Community
Riding rollercoasters at 3 weeks preg.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Riding rollercoasters at 3 weeks preg.

So i just took a pregnancy test and it came out positive!!!  And of course i leave at 4:00am tomorrow for Cedar Point Ohio!!  Im very torn on if i should ride the roller coasters tomorrow.  Im still soooo early, and normally woman dont even know they are pregnant right now.  I have talked to MANY docs. and they are seeming to come out 50/50.....any suggestions?
I found out I was pregnant about a week after I rode all kinds of rides at Universal Islands of Adventure.  I was fine.  I did end up m/c that pregnancy but it was like 5wks later when I did and it didn't have anything to do with the rollercoasters.  I think the warnings for pregnant women are those who are visibly further along.
did you end up having a sono before you miscarried ? And if so did they say you were ok then?  And did they say it wasnt the costers?  Im just very nervous b/c i have had 2 m/c and then a successful pregnancy. My prior m/c though were genetic, my body didnt even flush out, i had to get DNC's But i talked with one of my g/f today and she said that she rode rides at 2 months and was fine and then one of the nurses i spoke to said she rode a roller coster at 6 months!!
I wouldn't do it, water rides are ok but don't risk it. Wish you the best!
If you're nervous and not sure then don't ride.  For your own peace of mind, would you even be able to enjoy it?  I found out I was pregnant a week after riding.  Two weeks later I had an u/s and they found a nice strong heartbeat.  A week and a half later, I started bleeding and the heartbeat had stopped.  If it was related to the rollercoasters, I wouldn't even have made it that far.  
I also have a chromosome abnormality and that is more likely what caused the problem.  I've had 3 m/c, over the past year and a half.  
i would not do it. heaven forbid something does go wrong, you'll never stop wondering "what if?" and blaming yourself.

I also had the chromosome abnormality with both my m/c's.  I was just kinda wondering what people thought!!  Im sure i will be fine, seeing that i can only be about 3 weeks (i JUST took myself off of b/c at the end of July) and most woman dont even know they are pregnant at this time.  
Sounds like you already made your mind up! I wouldn't do it.
I had this same question a few weeks back.  I had a trip planned to go to Sea World with my family and I LOVE roller coasters, but I was 6 weeks pregnant at the time and opted not to ride any coasters because I just didn't want to take any chances.  My family did not know I was pregnant (except for my husband), so I didn't want them to be suspicious.  They did think it was a bit weird that I didn't ride any big rides.  I did ride the log ride because it wasn't jerky or anything.  Felt like riding in a car.  I am now 9 weeks and everything is fine.
But also, like chellybeans said, I worried SO much until my next appointment to see if everything was okay.  So I really didn't enjoy myself.
did anyone else answer you and say that they had riden any roller coasters?
No, everyone who answered said they would not ride them and take the chance.  No one said that they had riden any while pregnant.
My 1st pregnancy I found out I was preggers the day AFTER i went to six flags and had ridden everything. My son was born very healthy and is still very healthy to this day...but personally if I had known I was preggers I wouldnt risk it.
I agree with everyone else when I first found out I was pregnant my family and I had already planned to go to disney world and I was about 6wks and even thought some of those rides weren't dangerous I didn't want to risk it either so I just rode the mellow ones. like everyone else says if your not sure yourself don't do it.
I agree with everyone here, Just take it easy. Remember theres a higher risk of miscarriage before the 12th wk. Not to scare you or anything but if something did happen you cant go back.
let me share this story, because i am a woman of caution.  i gal i worked with was 8 weeks pg, we all went to las vegas for a dental class.  she rode a ride on the top of the stratosphere.  at her next dr appt that baby had died at around 8 weeks.  maybe it was the coaster, but that is a chance i couldnt take.  just in case.  maybe you could redirect your trip to another place?