Maternal & Child Community
Rising HCG/ Empty Uterus on scan

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Rising HCG/ Empty Uterus on scan

I found out i was pregnant last week. Started bleeding heavily 2 days later. Assumed I was having a m/c and went to hospital where they took bloods for bhcg test and went back again two days later,03/30 to have repeat done for comparison. The bhcg levels were rising so they brought me for transvaginal scan last thursday. The Sonographer told me the uterus was empty, but she also said there was no adnexal mass so ectopic was unlikely and that more than likely i was not preganant. They took more bloods and rang me yesterday to say the levels were gone up again to 1.8  I think we measure differently over here(ireland)Anyway I have to go back next tuesday for another scan on which day i would be just 7 weeks.  I do not know what to think.  I am still bleeding quite heavily and have some clots.  This is my second pregancy and i had on serious bleed the first time at 10 weeks,and was told we lost one of two.  I would like to know if anyone else has experienced anything like this and how they got on.
A lot of women here have had experiences similar.  I know for me they couldn't see the baby at all till I was almost 7 weeks pregnant with this baby; and after some minor bleeding and major surgery, I'm 20 weeks tomorrow.  Hang in there and let us know!
My ectopic was never located via ultrasound. Perhaps your doctor's equipment is better than mine, but my EP was diagnosed by what was not seen on the u/s. A d&c was done which confirmed it was ectopic. I hope this isn't the case with you, and I hope you get some definite answers soon.
Hi people..I need help.my LMP Was 23sept.on 25oct I went to hospital for some medical check up.and have a blood test done.i was diagnosis with newly pregnancy.i was shock bcos I didn't expect this to happen.i have on and off cramps after tt.on 27th oct I went my gyane and have a scan.i was told no baby found inside.my uterus is empty but there's sac inside.is this normal?or my baby is still too small to be seen?or I have a blighted ovum or ectopic preg?i am so afraid tt I will lost this child.