Robitussin DM (open Forum)
I have been taking Robitussin DM to improve my cm while on Clomid. But I was just looking it up and I ready that there is some conflicting information about whether dextromethorphan, the DM in some cough medicine names, may be linked to birth defects....Have any of u ladies heard anything about this???
well if you are taking it to get your cm more ew than it wouldnt be hurting anything because im sure you stop after ovulation right? i was just sick and took some guaifenesin cough syrup for that. well i also o'd. my mucus was more so! good luck. just stop taking it after or when you o if youre concerned. and if i am wrong....someone will help more than i did! lol
My fertility specialist suggested that I take Robitussin to help with my cm. I don't think she would recommend it if it might harm a baby...
Do not take the DM, just the plain robitussin. The only ingredient should be guafenisin, no dextromethorphan. Aside from possible birth defects it is actually a drying agent, which completely defeats the purpose.

Andi
Thank u!!! I will def. stop taking the Dm! Do u think I should use the preseed seeing how I have been taking the DM for 3 days now?
I have a list of approved medications that I can take while pregnant.  Robitussin DM is listed on the list as safe.
How did your appt go?
Yes, it's safe during pregnancy, but she's taking it to thin out her cm to get pg!!

PBedazzle, I prefer taking mucinex tablets, because I can't stand the taste of cough syrup.
Thank u all for your responses! I'm sure it must be safe as far as birth defects if all of your doctors told you it's ok to take. But now that I know that dextromethorphan is a drying agent so I guess it's pointless for me to be taking! ugghh...I want my BFP!!!!
Well, I took one pill a day so I'm not sure about the liquid form.  But you should start taking it today since you are on cd9 and you want to thin out your cm.   Take until you and then stop.  Hope this helps.
I am curious about this as well. I have what seems to be ewcm when I have a +opk. But I bought my first bottle of, well I got the generic... wal-tussin. (Sounds like the name of a gross disease lol). Anyway, the only active ingredient is the guaifenesin (haha have the bottle right here, only way I could spell it) I am on CD 9. When should I start using it and how much should I take? I am also going to start using the geritol... have heard it has helped some people. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Yes, make sure you are not taking the DM. Make sure the only ingredient is the guaifenisen.  I take a prescription guaifenisen tablet b/c insur pays, but generic name is Entex.  And it REALLY does thin out the cm.  A lot of people take the Mucinex b/c its a tablet form too. Good luck!
The first- and only- time that I drank it, I got pregnant!  I already have it stocked up for whenever I can start trying again.  I highly recommend it, Good luck!
Has anyone been trying for years?
I've been to a fertility specialist.  Everything is fine but my cm is thick.  Does Robitussin really work?
I've been trying for years to get pregnant. does robitussin really work? I just heard that today. has anyone tryed mucinex?
what does cm stand for? And yes robitussin really works! It has helped me actually go into labor. I was sick with a cold and was taking robitussin and 2 days later i was in labor. My child was perfectly fine. Newayz it works for different ppl but u should try it!!!
I bought the robitussin DM will that help me get pregnant? or do I need just the plain robitussin