Maternal & Child Community
SHARP PAIN IN LEFT SIDE SINCE YESTERDAY

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

SHARP PAIN IN LEFT SIDE SINCE YESTERDAY

Good morning ladies!  I just have a quick question about some pain I have been having since yesterday afternoon.  It started out as like AF cramps (kind of achy in the uterus) and now I have this horrible pain in my left side.  Maybe like where my ovary is.  I can still feel the achiness in the middle and kinda on the right side.  But the left side is the worst!  When I stand up it hurts even more.  Does anyone know what this might be?  Everytime I turned over last nite I cuold feel it and it woke me up.  Could this have something to do with stopping the Prometrium??  Should I call the dr??

Thanks for any input!!
I have the same sort of pain that I thought felt like it was around my ovaries, but my dr says its notmal ligament stretching and uterus stretching.  Hope this helps. I am now almost 19 weeks and still get it, especially when I stand up from sitting too long.
I remember having really bad pains in my left side also. Turned out to be a complex cyst. THey hurt like a sob.
I hope you feel better soon!!!
Should I call the dr. do you think?  do they do anything for that?  How are you feeling BTW??
I also have sharp pains only on my right side from time to time.  I'm on my 34th week and I noticed that I wake up mostly from it if I"m sleeping on my right side or (this is really weird!!) if i have to go to the bathroom (go figure).  I'm fine during the day but if you're concerned, def call the doctor.  I'd think that it's your uterus stretching or the baby pressing on something.  I feel my babe's behind (that's what it feels like) pushing through my right side.
The fact that you say it hurts worse when you stand up sounds to me like ligament pain.  I get that every so often even now at only 9 weeks.  If it was a constant sharp pain that was causing you to double over then I think you'd have a cause for concern.

Whenever there is doubt you should at least call the doctor, but I think it's just your ligaments.

Hope this helps!
I think it's stretching pain too.  Call your doc, that's what he is there for.
Me2mommy2B, I am 29 weeks now and I just started to notice some achiness on my lower ab.  I think it's the same as what you described.  It gets bad when I have to use the restroom.
Hey, I also think it sounds like stretching only.  BUT, if at all you still feel concerned, definitely call the doctor for an over the phone consult.  If he/she feels it's something worth looking into, I'm sure you'll get called in.  How are things otherwise?  I was meaning to ask you, have you gone for your sequential screen yet or have you decided against doing it?  I believe if you're doing it, you only have a few days left, right?  We will definitely keep in touch since we are so close in date.  Good luck and don't worry too much! :-)
Guess what, I had the same thing at the same point you are at. I called the Dr & they said the obligatory "round ligament pain" now every night I wake up around the same time with a horrid pain. I can't move for a few seconds, I rub it it goes away then back to sleep. Call your Dr & just let them know just in case, but I think they will tell you ligament. You are entering your second trimester & now we will grow & grow & grow! Oh loved your pics! Your DS is just beautiful! Emma even said that little boy is cute! She is staying locked up till she is 18!
I agree with the other ladies...those d*mn round ligaments!! You never even know you have the stupid things, then BAM!!!! I have to stand up really slowly or else I double over and get crampy from the stretching......crazy!!!

BTW, I checked Yahoo and saw your pics!! Let me tell you how adorable your son is! But I'm sure you already know that! Haha. I have to have to have to get some pics on there. I really haven't taken that many since I've been pg, so not too many belly shots! But, I'm sure I can find a couple of me and DH or something. As soon as I get a day off, that will be my focus :o)
Just wanted to let everyone know that I called the dr. and they said it sounds like a cyst to them.  They said to just take it easy for today and see what happens.  If he pain gets worse then I am supposed to go home and rest....yea like that will happen!!  Im suprised they didnt say anything about round ligament pain!!  LOL!!  It was the same feeling I got when I was on the Clomid and was just about to O.  It was really weird.  This is why they are saying cyst!  thanks for all the help ladies!!  Feel free to use as an open forum if needed!!
THANK YOU!!  Yes I know my DS is cute...HA HA!!  My DH says he is gonna be a pimp!  LOL!!  Yea put some pics on of you.  As soon as I take some belly pics (when I get a belly and not just fat) then I will post some too.  Until then I am glad I finally got the ones I had on there.  Took me forever!!  Cant believe I am almost 13 weeks.....CRAZY!!!
Hey girl,
I wouldn't worry it sounds like ligament stretching to me. If you are that concerned call your doctor and I am sure he will put your mind to ease. Other than that how are you feeling? my SIL goes for her update U/S today to see if they can hear the heartbeatactually her appt. is right now. I am nervously awaiting a call from them.As for me all I have is still a very light spotting and no real blood flow (sorry TMI) so I think it might be from my pill. Who knows!
Tiffany
Just wanted to check in on you & see how yo were feeling??? When you get home try to soak in the tub, that helps me although My DD is usually standing over me asking 100 questions about my belly. Oh yesterday she asked me how the bab was going to come out of my belly! I told her to ask her Daddy when he came home. You should have seen the look on his face! PRICELESS! She thinks it will come out of my belly button great HUH? She starts Catholic pre school in a week and a half, can't wait to hear what she says there!
Im doing alright other than this pain.  I cant wait for tomorrow to be over, 3 days off!!  YAY!!  Let me know what happens with your SIL.  She is in my thoughts and prayers!!
I shoulda clarified before I said about the cyst. Mine felt like it was pulsating. It hurt no matter what I did. I think it hurt more when I was laying down for some reason. I had one with my last 2 pregnancies. I didn't find out about it until my last pregnancy before the dnc. They didn't do anything about it, but it sure hurt like hell. The doctors insisted I had an ectopic pg. What you're going thru since it hurts more when you're up is ligament pain. The dr's blame every pain on those. I get so sick of the doctors telling me that. YOu wouldn't think they hurt THAT bad!!
ok, I just read your 1 post about the dr's. I'm surprised they told you a cyst w/o seeing you
I think they said that because it was the same pain I had when I was fixing to O when I was taking the Clomid.  I go on Wednesday anyway for my appt. So hopefully before then it will feel better!!
well, the nausea has started in the am, I get extremely tired in the afternnon. I think it's caffeiene w/drawal. I went to my ob this am for a hpt, and they wrote me the verification of pg form that I need for insurance.

I keep thinking that it's only the beginning, but I was ttc since april. I'm so glad I kept my dopplar, I was thinking of selling it after my last m/c. Did you decide on renting one? I thought it was definitely worth it, esp when I was spotting w/ my ds.
So I just talked to my SIL and she unfortunetly lost the baby. She is a mess and I just told her I was there for her no matter what time of day it is. I didn't want to talk to her for long because she was so upset. It just reminded me of the day it happened to me. I just thought I would let you know.
Tiffany
Oh my.  I was holding out some hope for her.  I feel so bad.  That has to be terrible esp. since she was over the 12 week mark.  Im so sorry for her loss.  Most of us knows how she is feeling.  I have had 2 m/c (they werent this late).
No, I havent rented a doppler yet.  I prob should to save my sanity.  But I can just go to my dr. office anytime to hear it.  I cant wait to hear it again!  It is such an amazing feeling everytime!!

Oh there's that pain again.  Only its my uterus this time, I say this cause its centered in my abdomen.  Gotta be round ligament pain.  This better not get any worse.  I dont know what I will do.
Kids are so funny arent they.  I have it easy I just tell DS that the baby will come outta my belly.  Which technically isnt a lie cause I am having a c-section.  Thank good ness I dont have to make anything up...LOL!! Im still feeling the pain.  Its kinda constant now.  It doesnt hurt just on the one side anymore.  Its the middle of my abdomen now, like where my uterus is.  Not sure what the hell is going on in there,  but its driving me crazy.  I cant call the dr. back because I called already today and they gave me an answer.  So I dont know what to do.  I guess just hold out and see if it persists.  I dont know!  Its making me nuts.  It hurts pretty bad and then it calms down some.  It even hurts when sitting.  So....who knows.  huh??
Hi, I just thought I would let you know that when I was preggo with my DD I had an 8 cm cyst on my left ovary. I didn't even know it was there until it began leaking fluid. I had the same pain you describe. Mine was mostly on the left, but I also felt it on the right and even near my uterus. The U/S tech said it was because the fluid is irritating in the abdomen and can be felt in diff. places. It bothered me a lot for a few days, then subsided some, but in total it was painful for about a week. All turned out fine with me and baby and was completely gone by delivery. So if that's what it is, it's harmless, but bothersome. Check back with doc. if not better in a few days. G/L :)
When did everyone feel their 2nd baby kick/move??  just wanted to get an idea.  Thanks!!
I had the same thing and it was a cyst caused by the Clomid that did not disolve as most do. Mine actually ruptured and hurt so bad.  The pain lasted for 2 days and then was gone.
hi. i hope you get better soon.how are u feeling now?