Maternal & Child Community
STOMACH WON'T STOP ITCHING

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

STOMACH WON'T STOP ITCHING

I can not take it anymore. My belly is so itchy it makes me want to cry. I have tried every lotion IMAGINABLE!!!! Reapply reapply reapply...and nothing.....I really try not to scratch, but sometimes it is so bad I have no choice...and when I do, it feels better than a frickin orgasm...well, from what I remmeber what one felt like anyways. Seriously ladies I am going to scream. Any advice?
Have you tried this stuff called udderly smooth? It works like a charm for me! People in the Medical field use it a lot!
You might have PUPPS - Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy.  Ask your doctor.  

It's an extremely itchy rash that can occur during pregnancy.  I had it, and I wanted to tape sandpaper to my hands and itch 24/7.  It's awful and the only relief is delivering your baby.
Where do you get it? I have the same problem. My is itching so low that it looks like I am scratching my self somewhere else! LOL
You can get it at a drug store, I am pretty sure. Google it and it will pop up, they do have a web site and I think they will tell you where to buy it.
I haven't tried udderly smooth...it is probably the only thing that I haven't tried. Mine goes extremely low as well petanka. I just can't take it. On top of everything else...the heartburn, the puking the entire time, sore muscles, the sciatica, the emotional 360's............NOW I FRICKIN ITCH!!!! GIVE ME A BREAK!!
I had EXTREME itching when I was pregnant with my son. I would even wake my dh because I would be scratching in my sleep. He would wake me up and tell me to stop scratching. It made my stretch marks way worse than they should've been. I eventually started using GOLD BOND lotion and it helped alot!!

This time I started getting REALLY itchy again and went to walmart and bought some lotion. It's called Fruit of the Earth Cocoa & Shea Blended Body Lotion. It says right on the bottle "Effective Stretch Mark Relief". I used this for a few weeks and now my belly doesn't itch anymore. I don't have to use anything at all.

Good Luck and I hope you can find something to help!!
I just started the Jergens Shea Butter Cream. It's newer, maybe you haven't tried it. I love it. I got it from WalMart. Good luck!
Try to find a cream called Mother's Friend. That is what I always use and I LOVE it. Works great. I can't find it in any stores around here, but I have seen it on the internet to order.
I remember itching like that, just before my horrendous stretchmarks popped out.  

Hope that's not it, and it goes away soon!
Have you asked your dr (or pharmacist) if that product is safe to use?? When I went looking for a lotion, I asked the pharamcist which would be a good one and he pointed out a few to stay away from. Some of them contain things that can get into your blood stream and may hurt the baby.

I would stop using it until you ask your dr (or pharmacist) about it.
Thank you ladies all for your comments and advice. I will be heading to WalMart in the next few days to check out some of these products. Unfortunately the stretchmarks have already reared their ugly head a few weeks ago. I grew a lot in just a few weeks, so I think that has something to do with it. But I will deffinately check out your remedies :o)
OMG I saw this post just as I was digging the heck out of my tummy. My DH is all ways saying " dang it DAVINA stop itching it". But god it itches so bad.  Oh I know the feeling of it feels better then a freakin orgasm. Lord it itches so bad I want to just cut the skin right off. I mean I
There is an OTC Lotion called Sarna, that is specifically for itching.  Ask your pharmacist if it is ok for pregnancy.
I was REALLY itchy with my son. You could ask your Dr. to do a blood test to see if it isnt something else. I had something called Cholestasis. It only happens in 2% of pregnant woman. It has to do with having Sweedish in me. But it can cause you to go into preterm labor also. Plus there is a medicine you can take for it and you will stop itching. I tried everything for the itch and nothing work.
Its all natural all it has in it is " Contains:Yucca, Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Tea Tree Oil, Clove Oil, and Echinacea." And I think the big itch stopper is the clove oil.

~Davina~
I googled "clove oil during pregnancy" just to see and it gave me 2 websites, both saying that you should contact your health care provider before using clove oil during pregnancy or on an infant...

http://www.nutritional-herbal-supplements.com/herbal-supplements/clove.html

http://www.nutrasanus.com/clove-oil.html
Thank you for the links. I looked it up myself as well and every thing said do not use during pregnancy. The only reason it gives is "It should rather be avoided during pregnancy clove oil may irritate skin and mucus membranes." which is odd because it is helping my skin. Maybe this has such a low dose of it it's the second to the last ingreadiant so.... but I am not going to use it any more untill I talk to my DR it has just been the only thing that has helped. Now I'm worried becuase I have been using it for a while now. I'm not sure if it hurt my baby.:( Well thanks for looking out.

~Davina~
No problem. I hope your dr says that it is ok. You may want to ask a pharmacist though. Alot of dr's don't know what is in certain medicines. I had a problem with that at the beginning of this pregnancy. My dr prescribed a med (I had a head cold with major coughing) and when I went to fill it the pharmacist refused saying that there was an ingredient in it that is not good to take during pregnancy. She phoned a pregnancy hotline and they recommended something else (an OTC med).

So, I would ask your pharmacist first. You can probably even phone them instead of actually going into the pharmacy.
OK I for sure will cause just the thought of having the itching come back with no sort of end to it makes me frustrated and dreadful.

~Davina~