Maternal & Child Community
STOMACH'S SOOO TIGHT

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

STOMACH'S SOOO TIGHT

I AM ALMOST 32 WEEKS PREGO.  I OFTEN FEEL TIGHTENING IN MY TUMMY IF I WALK TOO MUCH OR DO TOO MUCH.  LAST NIGHT WE HAD A BBQ BUT I DID NOT DO MUCH BUT SIT AND MAKE SALAD.  WE DID EAT SOME SPICY CHEESE AND HAD SPINACH (WHICH IS HARD ON MY TUMMY USUALLY) BUT MY STOMACH GOT TIGHT AND STAYED TIGHT WHICH MADE ME REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE.  SO WHEN DH AND I WENT TO BED I WAS SO UNCOMFORTABLE AND TO LAY DOWN MADE ME SHORT OF BREATH.  POOR DH WAS SOO TIRED HE TRIED TO COMFORT ME BUT FELL ASLEEP. FINALLY I FELL ASLEEP AND WOKE UP FINE THIS MORNING.  WELL I JUST CLEANED THE KIDS ROOM AND DID ALOT OF BENDING AND I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AGAIN.  I SEE DR. ON FRIDAY.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN.  THIS IS MY FIRST PREGNANCY AND ALL IS NEW TO ME.
when i was pregnant the same thing happened to me. My stomach would tighten and it would be very uncomfortable my doctor told me that was normal and everything was fine.. Soon after that i started having the Braxton Hicks contractions so that might be apart of it. But i wouldnt worry i am sure everything is fine
THANKS I DRINK 100oz OF WATER A DAY.  SO I AM BETTING ON THE DOING TOO MUCH.  HMMMM I DIDN'T DO MUCH THAT DAY BUT..I DO EVERY OTHER DAY SO MAYBE IT JUST CAUGHT UP TO ME.  THANKS FOR THE INFO LADIES.
hi i am 36 weeks and am in exactly the same boat as you its been happening for months now it happens when i am doing to much so you should just start to relax now it happened with my first pregnancy aswell mine stays hard for long periods of time doc said thats ok.
your breathing should get easier aswell when the baby engages which should be soon then the bad bit about that is you have to do pee pee all the time as the head will be on your bladder i got up 6 times last night rather annoying good luck.
It was my experience that your stomach should not remain tight for a long period of time.  A BH contraction is just that, a contraction.  They don't last more than a minute or so.  

If you have a continuously tight stomach then I definitely think you're 1) Doing too much, and 2) Not getting enough water.

Definitely mention this to your doctor, take it easy, and drink lots of water.  Hope this helps, good luck!!
THANKS...BY ENGAGE DO YOU MEAN DROP?  OH SHE CAN'T DROP BEFORE NEXT FRIDAY...GETTING MY 4D ULTRASOUND DONE.  IF SHE CAN JUST HOLD OFF TILL THE NEXT WEEK.