Maternal & Child Community
Sagging Belly Skin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sagging Belly Skin

Ok, I hope someone has some advice for this.  My son was sooooo big and I was a week overdue with him so I stretched out so much.  I have pics of my belly on my profile and I still carried for another week or so, so it was even bigger right before I was induced.  Anyway, now my stomach is disgusting.  I have loose, sagging skin and it's really depressing.  I had stretch marks on the front, not horrible, but it makes the skin loose.  Plus, I have hanging on the bottom.  I don't know how to get rid of this other than have a tummy tuck, which I'm not doing because I plan on having another baby in the future so what would be the point.  It's also something I can't afford anyway but I can dream can't I?  My son is 3 months and my fiance says it will get better.  My friends who had children say it takes up to a year before the skin tightens up.  Is there any hope to this or am I going to be left with this stomach that I can't stand.  I used to have such a flat belly and I don't mind the little pooch but the sagging thing is terrible.  It's made me so insecure, even when I'm getting intimate I cover my belly.  I don't want it to effect my sex life but I don't even want to get in lingerie.  Please help.
My daughter was big also- 9lbs 2 oz and she was 2 weeks early! I have alot of saggy skin with stretch marks-how lovely!! I hate it also! I also have a c-section scar which makes it look even better! LOL My daughter is 10 months old and I can say it got a little better but not alot! She was definitely worth it but I hate how ugly my stomach is now. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get rid of this please help! I have a feeling I am stuck with this forever! :(
My son was 9lbs. 2 oz. also.  They are worth it but I'm so insecure now.  Clothes don't fit the same because I have this hangover of skin.  Not attractive at all.
I totally understand. I used to have a nice stomach now it is so gross! My husband is so nice about it and always tells me I look good but I think it looks awful!!  Did you have a c-section?
I know, my fiance says it doesn't bother him and that I look good.  I think they have to say that or else we would break down in tears.  No, I pushed out that huge kid.  I don't know if it would have looked any worse if I did have a c-section.  I have no time to go to the gym though.  I think that would help.  My best friend had a baby and in no time, her stomach was flat as a board again, no sagging, no stretch marks.  I hate her...lol.
I know I don't have anytime to workout either-I wish I did! I work full-time and by the time Avery goes to bed which isn't until 9, excersing is the last thing I want to do! Last night she didn't go to bed until 10:15. By then I am exhausted!! I also know people that had babies and they have no stretch marks, no sagging skin-It just isn't fair!! I hate people like that! LOL
Yeah, my son doesn't go to sleep until 9 pm, sometimes he falls asleep at 8 pm but his final bottle is at 11 pm.  I work full-time as well and when I get home I want to spend that time with him and then when he finally falls asleep I'm exhausted.  I'm going to try to see if I can muster up some energy to go when he falls asleep.  I know I hate them to.
mine went away after a few months.  I also used jergens skin firming lotion when I got out of the shower and it actually worked.
I will try that, I lotioned my belly throughout my pregnancy and I still managed to get stretchmarks in my last month.  That was so depressing.
There is really no way to get rid of it.  My daughter is 12 and I still have it - it got worse when i lost a lot of weight - tummy tuck is the soultion - got 5000 handy :)  it is so so nasty - you can pintch it and stretch it - my son 9months grabs it too and giggles it - i have lost all 53 pounds i gained and it looks the same - i should have gotten the tummy tuck when i had my boobs done -
The good thing is that your man loves you and that shows because he doesn't care - i am alone with my two kids and dread the day i meet a man and go on to sleep with him - which will be when i am married - what a complex - i got my boobs but man maybe i should have did my belly i didn't see the pics
I know, I'm going to have to start saving for the tummy tuck.  I will wait until I'm done with having kids.  The pics are in my profile under photos.  You will see how I started and how I finished.  I saw some nice one piece bathing suits, no more bikinis for me.  A new man won't care either.  Trust me, they don't think it's as bad as we think it is.
I still have stretch marks over my entire stomach from my pregnancies.  Not to mention the saggy baggy tummy to go along with it.  Diet and exercise have probably helped as much as they are going to.

At my age, its kind of a moot point for me.  Besides, I can think of a ton of things I'd rather do with that money!
See men don't get it, they will never know what it's like.  
I have some sag on my lower belly, below my belly button. I hate it. I have a few stretch marks there to go along with it. My 8 year old daughter loves playing with my "soft" skin there. It's just like bread dough! :\

It makes me feel like the most unsexy woman alive! That, and my nursing boobies don't help. Yuck!
Oh yeah, my breasts are different too.  They are like flap jacks.  It's so lovely.  So I guess in all, there is no help.
:D Flap jacks! Ugh...I told Ben that I'm going to just stick a spear through my nose and walk around with a grass skirt on like a bush woman! You know...those women in tribes that have flat, saggy boobies? Okay, okay...so it's not that bad, but you get the picture! Yeah, that's what I feel like! I so badly want a boob job and tummy tuck. It just seems the cost is so high, I don't know if I could justify it. I also struggle with wanting to learn to love thyself for who I am after having five children. Not so easy somedays though! I just want to keep my shirt on when Ben and I get intimate. I think a boob job and tummy tuck could increase my confidence big time!
if i ever have the money id do it too!! my girlfriend had her boobs done and they look great!  no my lower tummy isnt pretty.  the second c section seems to have left me even worse off.
Bush Woman-haha that's funny.  I told my fiance to start saving for my surgeries.  I think it does boost self confidence.  It's so depressing, especially looking at pics of once was.
I gained 60lbs with my DD and went from a size 6 prepreggo to a size 16 postpreggo with a tummy covered in stretch marks and sag. My hubby is wonderful though and has made me feel really good about myself. He always rubs my belly and tells me how beautiful I am, and I believe him (he's stuck with me for 3 years).

I am preggo again and am sure it will  only get worse, but, short of surgery I'm sure there is nothing I can do. By the way, thanks to my DD I now call my stretch marks "baby prints". (She lifted up my shirt to talk to her baby sister and said "oh mommy! Look at all those baby prints I made).

Just kiss and hug your babies and know that it's worth it.
wow thats a big baby.way to go! i havent had a baby yet, but i lost 20 pounds last year. i hate to do crunchs and im sure you dont have the time. but if you tighten your stomach muscules(like your bracing for a punch) and hold it about thirty seconds and repeat through out the day its just like doing crunchs only you dont have to lay down and kill your back. by the way thank you for responding to my post it helps to know you had the same thing happen and that your baby was healthy.
sfritz- I love the baby prints...that is adorable.

mememe515 - Thank you, yeah he was enormous.  I will try that.  No problem, I like being able to tell my experiences to help.  It always makes someone feel relieved knowing that another has experienced the same thing.  Especially when you are pregnant, you are afraid of everything.
You should see my tummy!! lol I used to have abs, and a nice flat stomach, now Im covered in stretchmarks and have lots of extra skin. Your not alone!! lol
Hey girls! I hear you on the saggy belly! And the Saggy boobs! But the boobs I am not too worried about as you can "prop" them up with a bra. lol I hate my belly! I have had 2 kids with in 19 months and gained 80lbs with the first 60 with the second. I was 135 before all of this! It still has yet to come off. I feel if I could just get rid of that belly I would lose like 20lbs at least! lol But I hear on Dr. 90210 that its impossible unless there is a tummy tuck involved! Unfortunately I have no money to do that!  Has anyone else heard of that? I mean what Dr. 90210 say.
Yeah, I think a tummy tuck is the only way to go.  I wish I could get a plastic surgeon to feel sorry for me and do it at no charge...yeah right.  Someone did it for that woman who had six babies.  They had twins first and then 6 after that.  They have a tv show on the tlc channel.  Her stomach was really bad.  The only hope I have of getting my tummy tuck is if my son grows up and becomes a plastic surgeon...lol.  Although, by then I will be close to 60 and who cares at that point.  However, a nice face lift wouldn't be bad...lol.
Yeah Jonn and Kate plus 8. I love that show. They live in a town a half hour away from me. It is so weird watching the show because they go to places I have actually been before. Her poor stomach. Before I knew that she had surgery, I was like how can her stomach look normal after having 8 kids?? Then they showed her stomach after surgery. Her before pics make my stomach look good! LOL
I know, it was so stretched out.  But did you see how big she was when she was pregnant.  Her stomach was scary.  Her after pics were amazing.  That's exactly why I want a tummy tuck.  
Her stomach was scary-I felt so bad for her. Whenever I think my day is crazy with one, I think of her and wonder how she does it with 8!! They were on Oprah the other day. I can't imagine flying with 8 kids. They have been to Disneyworld too-sounds like mass chaos, but somehow she makes it work.
I know, they must have a lot of patience.  I don't even have barely enough energy for one let alone 8.  She cooks everyday also.  I don't even want to cook for myself by the end of the day.  She cooks for 10 of them.
My first pregnancy I gained 23 lbs, and had lost about 15 to start.  You'd think I looked great, but nope.  I was huge though and had a lot of water.  You couldn't even telI I had DD boobs, and I'm really a small girl.  Carson was 10 lbs. 3 oz. though.  I had no stretch marks till week 36, I woke up with one and obsessed all morning.  That afternoon after my aversion, it was awful.  I did tighten my belly muscles, b ut the texture of the skin never got better and according to my ob won't without surgery.  I was worried with baby #2 it might get worse, but I guess he couldn't do any more damage and I was a lot smaller.  I still had a lot of water, but Cam tucked in further and even though I again lost 15 lbs. to start and then put on 18 lbs., so a net of 3 lbs. heavier than my prepregnancy weight when he was born, he was only 8 lbs. 13 oz. and did no more damage.  I am still trying to pull my muscles in too, Cam will be a year at the end of this month and is not a sleeper either.  If I wait till at least 10 pm, I can avoid getting up at 4 am for the day.  When they get a little bigger you get more time, I am getting exercise running after him though!  Sorry gals, I think aside from tightening the belly muscles, the stretch marks will fade some, but you gotta have surgery to make them go away.  My DH calls my tummy a tiger belly, I hate it, but he swears it doesn't bother him.  I still would love that tummy tuck!
Oh ladies i feel so much better we all have of saggy belly skin :)  at least i am not alone - baby loves saggy belly skin my 12 year old likes to smack it - get away - what are you going to do - i got lucky with the boobs because i have implants and they look just the same as before i was prego - i would suggest those who have the money get them if they want them but to wait after they are done having kids -
My boobs are ok, I can deal with them the way they are, even though I would love to get them done, I'm not depressed about them.  My belly is the center of my insecurities.  It is nice to know that we all have these issues.  Seeing my best friend with a perfect belly after having a baby makes me want to shoot myself.  She didn't get that big though and she gained only 30 lbs.  
I gained around 64 lbs. I have lost all but about 5 lbs. of that. I don't understand how some people get no stretch marks and have bellies that look great and then people like me look awful. It is depressing! !
My fiance's sister also has no stretch marks and a flat belly.  But she also weighed like 2 lbs when she got pregnant.  They have fast metabolisms in that family.  Plus, she didn't get as big either and she delivered one day past her due date.  
Don't feel bad I thought i wasn't getting marks i was in my eigth month and loved my pg belly as soon as I said something WHAM hello stretch marks.  Oh yea and no one told me about the booty stretch marks I cried when I first saw them :( how depressing I was a tiny little tight ab gal with a booty before and now I have this pouch.  I gained about 55 lbs with my pregnancy and I can't shake the last 10-15 been doing crunches and leg lifts.  Went from a size 5 to a 13 now... sigh and I HATE my huge nipples!  My sister looks really good but her daughter is 7 I guess that leaves me with 6 yrs 9 months and counting. GRRR
I know I went to buy some pants for work and I had to buy a size 14.  I have never been a size 14.  I went from an 8 to a 14.  I'm tall so it works in my favor, it doesn't look like I'm that size but it was just depressing telling the guy that worked in the store that I needed that size.  I tried to justify it by saying I just had a baby 3 months ago, just so he wouldn't think anything of it.  He actually was really nice and said his wife just had a baby and that she had the same thing happened and she was really depressed about it but that she looks great.  Are you breastfeeding?  Once you stop breastfeeding your nipples should return to normal...color and size.  Mine are no longer black.
I only gained 23 lbs. and then 18 lbs. with my boys, but lost about 15 lbs. to start each time, was only 8 lbs. over prepregnancy weight when I had Carson and only 3 lbs. over when I had Cameron.  I still got the ugly belly!  I think it's part luck and part genetics.  My sis and I both got screwed, but my mom never got any stretch marks.  I still blame mine and my big boys and small frame.  I do have the sad boobs too.  I would love to get them all fixed, but for now I have a great bra and lots of crunches.  Good to know that there are more us out there.
Right after I had Avery I was a size 14 also. Now I am an 8/10 again. (Even with my ugly belly).  You will be a size 8 again, it just takes awhile. It took me 10 months. I hope  you got my message. :)   P.S. I was never a size 14 either-I cried in the dressing room, it was so depressing! :(
Oh yes I know how you all feel too I was size 8/9 before pregnacy and now am in size 14 I was and still soo miserable when i try new clothes on b.c i have to get a bigger size now  and cant find nothing i really like.. and my belly is just there in the way with stretch marks its soooooo nasty but it was worth it for my lil girl.. but still hate it and wishh to lose this.. and to lose like 40 lbs I gained 70 lbs during pregnacy and I want to lose 40lbs more to be back where i was b4 pregnancy..
Oh wow! If anyone knows the "secret" please share with me.......I have the saggy skin, stretch marks AND the nice flappy apron of skin hanging down.......plus the boobies that look like tennis balls hanging in the tube socks........Egads.......
I am 21 and chose to start a family young. I have two kids, with my first pregnancy with my son I carried alot more waters than normal so I ended up with stretch marks on my tummy, legs, calfs, bum and boobs. I have found they have all gone by themselfs except for the ones on my tummy! After having my daughter through emergancy section I couldn't do anything to get rid of the weight I gained which was a shocking nearly 3 stone! I went from 8 stone up to just under 11 stone, I was heart broken that I couldn't fit into clothes especially after the operation I just wanted loose fitting comfortable clothes, I was in hospital for a while after having my daughter and nearly died so I never had the energy to exercise off the weight. I have only just fully recovered from having her and she has just turned 1! What things can I do with the kids to loose the weight. Being a stay at home mom with two kids and no childminders then you have to do everything with them! :D Any idea's girls?? xx
Wow, it's funny to see one of my older posts up here.  Well I still have the saggy belly and stretch marks and Jayden will be 2 in November.  But you can buy some exercise videos and some free weights and do some after the baby is asleep.  You could also buy a jogging stroller and go walking and jogging with your child.  As your child gets even older they will be running around and chasing after them is a workout in itself.  But those are some things to start out with.
It never goes away>  I gained 40+ pounds with both of my pregnancies and I have since lost 65 pounds.  I look good with clothes on, but get me naked and gross!!!  I am so disgusted with it.  Onee day I will get a tummy tuck, until then it is tankinis and light out in the bedroom.  Completly *****!!!  I weigh less than I ever thought was possible andd yet I am disgusted.  How messed up is that!!
i never had a flat stomach, i am only 5'1" and i weighed over 90kg before i had my three kids all large (the youngest was 7lb7oz an incredible 7 weeks early!) however, i am now 55-60kg and the flap i have been left with is hideous!! I'll squeeze it into a corset before i leave the house but none of my clothes fit right and i almost consider putting the weight back on so i dont have to see the flap any more :( i've heard that mums with a child under two can have a tummy tuck under medicare but i am not sure if this is true or not
what should this mum do??
I have the same problem....I'm in my 50"s and the sagging skin still there.
I use to be 110lbs and nice firm belly but after my two kids I got sagging skin.  I don't have the money to take it off and I wish there was a way for us to trim and lose it.  I hate being naked in front of my husband with sagging skin hanging.  It looks awful.  I don't know what to do???
Denise
***@****
I had my first baby 29 years ago and my stomach was covered with stretch marks.  I had two more children after that and I am now convinced that no amount of exercise can remedy the situation.  I was never an exerciser, probably part of the reason my stretch marks are so pronounced, but I started regularly going to a fitness center 6 years ago. One of the trainers at the fitness center (a young gal in great shape) was convinced that I could get my belly back in shape.  She gave me a complete routine to tone my belly, but it has had no impact.  My arms and legs are very toned now because of exercising, but I believe once your belly skin has been stretched by pregnancy, there is not much you can do other than surgery.  I don't want to be a downer, but it is what it is.  So now I embrace my belly as a battle scar for the 3 dear children I have and love.  My husband never complains about my body, so I am very fortunate.  Love who you are.
I have a big belly button and also have hanging skin or you can call it sagging skin bcos of these my tummy looks horrible I really wish dere were something I could do about it without going through surgery...I'm 26 years old and I have two kids the younger one is eight months old I don't know if the sagging skin is due to the fact dat I tie my tummy with cloth immediately after delivery to make the tummy go fLat