Maternal & Child Community
Scared ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Scared ?

O.k, this pregnancy is keeping me on my toes.  FIrst the Dr. said I had a blighted ovum, last Dr vist everything o.k, date I conceived was off by 2 weeks, now I am cramping.  Last night I had a pink discharge and today all day I have had brown discharge.  I havent called the Dr because I have been in there every week for something.  THe Dr believes I am 6 weeks not 8, has anyone experienced this before ? This is my third and I have never had so many complications.  
When I was pregnant with my daughter I had cramping and spotting from when my period was due all the way almost through the first trimester. At about six weeks I even had bright red spotting and I was freaked out so much I had my Dr. send me for an ultrasound...which showed my baby's tiny heartbeat. I felt a lot better after that, but I ordered a medical grade fetal heart doppler on the net so I could "check in" with my baby whenever I wanted...that really helped! They never could really explain where all of the spotting came from, but my daughter is a happy and healthy 13 month old now!
A lot of ppl spot and cramp during pregnancy. It's quiet common, and brown spotting is old blood, so thats good. You probably ovulated later than you thought. It happened to me by a week. I was supposed to be due Sept 26th, but my due date is actually Oct 4th. But the way this kid is growing shes going to be here in Sept. No doubt. Oh and I totally understand feeling like you call your doctor too much. Every time I call his nurses I apologize cause I feel like I'm a bother lol. Well try not to worry so much, oh and a doppler when you get a little farther along I think is a good investment, not to buy one, but just rent. It gives me peace of mind, even at 22wks. =)
Thank you both for your support.  I looked up a doppler and I figured after my appt next week I will rent one. At this point I am so nervous, do you think I should advise the Dr of the brown discharge or just wait?
I know how you feel.  This is my third preg and I NEVER had scares with my first two. This one had me in the Dr office once a week from 5 wks til about 12 wks.  I had 3 us before I hit my second trimester because of spotting, brown and light pink.  I also had a bit of bright red and was at dr office within 20 minutes looking at a healthy heartbeat and crying.  Like the other girls said brown means old blood with me it was an issue with where the placenta attached to my uterus just caused a small tear, it healed perfect and i don't spot now.  Good Luck to you and keep us updated,
nah go ahead and tell him bout the brown discharge just so he knows, but I'm sure he will say the same thing, that it's old blood.
These all sound familiar, spotted pink, brown and red  with clots from week six to ten. I also had three ultrasounds before my first trimester was over, they never could figure out the spotting issue. Im nineteen weeks now and getting quite the bump here. Take care of yourself, rest, and call your dr when you feel like you need to, so what you have been in there so much, that is what they are there for, dont feel bad. Ill be thinking of you and your healthy 9 months ahead of you!
I can't believe this all these women and the bleeding and there pregnancys turn out okay It gives me such hope!!  As I am dealing with spotting on and off and a little clots .. it sounds like it might be okay after all...;)
i had a bright red full out bleed followed by days of brown spotting and a discharge that looked like coffee grounds at 10 weeks.

i am now 22 weeks with my twins.

my placenta was sitting just to the side of my cervix