Maternal & Child Community
Sea bands for nausea ~ do they really work?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

A friend of mine suggested I get some sea bands for the nausea I'm having being pg.  She said they help her tremendously b/c she gets really carsick.  I checked with my local Wal-mart about them and they were out of them. They ordered some and they should be here Monday.  I'm under no obligation to buy them.  They are $10 each and I'll need 2 of them according to my friend.  I just wanted to see if any others have used them for m/s and nausea and if it's worth the $20 to get them.
What are they?
I used them with 3 of my pregnacies and they worked great for me. My 10 year old gets really car sick, so I bought her a pair and they work awesome for her as well!
I am just wondering , why do you have to buy two of them? The package comes with two in it, one for each wrist.
Hope they end up working as well for you as they did for me!
Good luck and congrats on your pregnancy!
Oh, well if they come with 2 that's great!  When I asked at the Wal-mart pharmacy, they just said that I'd have to get 2.  Maybe the kind they get only has one in it.  I'm not sure but will double-check on Monday.  I'm feeling so bad today that I will try anything!
If you look in the Archives, this question was asked a few weeks ago, you may get some answers from there, so it may be worth looking that up.
They work great for some people, and don't have any harmful effects.  Worth a try!
Thanks to all who posted!  I think I will give them a try.  What can it hurt?  My RE called in Phenergan the other day and it was compounded into a gel to put behind my ear.  It's not really helped though.  The pill form of it might be more effective but with an almost 4 year old, I can't be drowsy with him in the house :)  Luckily, dh was home today and I was able to sleep most of the afternoon, but still woke up with nausea.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better (but then I'll worry that everything's not okay...lol)

Thanks again!
i was very nauseated, but i have only puked a few times from stinky smells. i used the bands and they took enough off so i could work and do my chores. i get sick riding in the mountains so i am glad i found them, i will have to get a pair for my son as well.