Seeing sex at 21 week ultrasound
Hi ladies!  I havent been posting as much on here but take that as a good sign that I'm worrying a lot less!  I do have a question though.  I still read the posts on here and have noticed that many of you have found out the sex of your babies.  CONGRATS!  I was hoping to go right in at 20 weeks but my clinic really stresses waiting until 22 weeks if you want to find out the sex.  I compromised and scheduled for 21 weeks.  The receptionist was like, "Well you don't want to find out the sex then do you?"  Grr.  21 weeks seriously... shouldn't we be able to tell then?  Seems like a lot of lucky ones find out sooner.  I know that my brothers g/f and my best friend both couldnt see the sex at 20 weeks and therefore just didnt find out till birth.  I can't deal with that!  I NEED TO KNOW!  Any recommendations for making sure I'll be able to find out?  My friend Rose went to the same clinic as me at 20 weeks and she said they spent an hour looking and finally saw that she was having a girl.  I hope they are that patient with me!  Advice on getting baby to cooperate?  I have heard of OJ.  My sheet says to just drink water up to 1 hour before... when would I want to drink juice?  Any other tips?
OH its so possible. I just found out the sex of my baby today and its a boy. It took really only five mintues! but the tech had been doing this for 31 years so i don't know if that made a difference.  It is possible! good luck and i drank OJ and my little boy was bouncing all over the place, i heard coffee works too!!! good luck!!! it will soon happen!!! let me know!
hi i was 18 weeks when we found out the sex of my baby it is very possible to see at 21 weeks. try eating and drink oj 30 minutes to an hour before to get baby moving it really works. dont let the tech give up you can give your tummy some pokes to get it moving. good luck
Just go in for the 22wks!  I know how anxious you are, but I have heard of people seeing the sex much sooner, but if that's how your doctor does it, just reschedule for the 22wk checkup, you just hope the baby cooperates(smile.). My boss drank Orange juice before she went and she found out that day she was having a girl...
well i am 33 weeks and i found out at 15 weeks that i am having a boy. i would suggest at the very least get a 4D ultrasound. i had two of them and you could see in color.
I found out at 16 weeks.  I don't understand what the problem is finding out at 20 weeks.  It's very clear by then.  Hope you get to see the gender :)
I found out at 14 for crying out loud!!!! After only 10 minutes of looking......and they weren't even trying to find out the sex!!!!
I found out the sex of my baby  on the first day of my 21rst week (only because my insurance made a misteake), they were going to let me find out at my 19th week. But I only get 3 U/S's allot of people have more , thats why they can find out early. For me they wanted to make sure the heart and lungs were developed well so they could check everything at the same U/S. The U/S at 21 weeks w/ 3-d is awesome:) good luck.  
I was hoping to go in too.  But I have to wait until the 25th.  I will be almost 22 weeks then.  But I have learned t deal with it.  Its true the bigger the baby is the better chance they have of seeing the sex.  I can't wait to find out...  
I found out the sex the first day of my 18th week. It took about a half hour for the tech to determine the sex because the baby refused to uncross her legs. However, she was able to get a good angle from the top of the butt looking down, and she was able to determine that it was a girl. You should be able to determine the sex starting as early as 17 weeks, but the longer you wait, the higher the odds are that the determination will be accurate. I keep wondering in the back of my mind if the baby will turn out to be a boy after all (no future ultrasounds are scheduled and one will only be done in the event of a problem). You should definitely be able to find out the sex at the 21 week ultrasound (just know that it may take a while to find the sex depending on the baby's location that day). If the baby cooperates, you should definitely know by the end of the appointment (they saved the sex determination for last for us). Best wishes!
I was 13 weeks pregnant when i found out the sex of my baby, it was a boy. He is 22 months old now. Good luck