Seizures while pregnant??
A friend of mine is about 12 weeks pregnant and had a mild seizure yesterday.  When she went to the hospital, they listened for the baby's hearbeat and they did hear one.  She had 2 seizures about 4 1/2 years ago but has been free and clear since then.  She has been off of her medicine for years.  Someone told her that the increase in hormone levels during pregnancy can make you seize.  Does anyone know anything about this or experience similar symptoms?  Thanks.
Hi, i suffers with seizures. normally only when i stand in direct sunlight but when i was pregnant i felt very wierd all the time like i was gunna drop any second! That pregnancy ended in m/c. just before and qt the start my m/c i had 2 seizures in 1 day which is really weird for me as it only happens once a year if that. i think it does have something to do with the hormones, when i had my m/c i was 10 weeks so my levels were high just before i m/c. i think the higher the hormone the more trouble you can have. ask her to check this with the midwife, i'm just speaking from my own personal experiences.
I suffered from Epilepsy when I was a teenager.  The diagnosis was a hormone inbalance that caused them.  I actually outgrew the Epilepsy by the time I was 16 and was off the meds.   When I became pregnant at 18 I was constantly watched and monitored for my seizures because of the increase in hormones.  I never had any problems and have since then had 2 more children but the doctors should be monitoring this if she has a history of seizures because the hormones can or will possibly set them off.  Good luck!
i had two seizure attack in 2007 while pregnant. I was high risk and was given no medication. Since this year ive had 8 attcks since july. I was hospitalized. I had MRI done Ct Scan and also video eeg done all my test came back normal. However i was placed on Keppra 750 mg and i need to know what might be the cause of these seizures. no one in my family has them. please help me