Severe Abdominal Pain in early Pregnancy
Hello, after 3 1/2 years of trying, finally found out I was pregnant only after being rushed to emergency room with severe abdominal pain with a threatened ectopic, after what I thought was a bad case of cystitis.  Four days on, the pain has subsided substantially but am worried about ectopic.  Gyn says HCG levels are rising fast which is good but am worried about ectopic and the fact I know no-one else who has had this problem.  Doesnt seem to be normal at all.  At only 4 1/2 weeks, its very early days but any similar experiences, I would be grateful to hear.  Thank you!
I have been there. On Sept 21 I was also rushed to the ER in fear of an Ectopic. They guessed that I was 2-3 weeks then I just went to my OB yesterday and I am 6wks 1day and everything seems to be going smoothly. I was also very nervous and stressed out but I feel much better now knowing that everything is okay. I go back on the 7th of November to hear the heart beat so I guess until then nothing is for sure but my pain has subsided pretty much entirely and I am finally starting to get some morning sickness. Take care. I have faith that everything will be fine. Just remember if you start to get faint, bleed or have anymore severe pain go back to the ER immediately.
If the pain is subsiding and your blood levels look good, then those are good signs. I had an ectopic in July, but never experienced abdominal pain. However, I had VERY low progesterone, but that was the only symptom. After 4 vaginal u/s over a period of 2 weeks, the dr figured that's what it had to be. But if you were experiencing pain related to an ectopic pregnancy, it would get worse and not better. Try not to stress too much.
Levels rising is a great sign!!! gl
Don't hate me I just thought I would post this.

http://members.createforum.net/?mforum=firsttimmer

Check it out if you want.
Hi I had a pregancy with a IUD and they thought i was ectopic so they did u/s and couldnt see anythin but then did hcg testing... they told me that as long as it near doubled every 2 days it was in the right place if it only goes up 50-60% they said it may then be cause for concern so relax and i wish you all the best

Sam
aka Trikendi
why would we hate you? is this a forum you created?
YES it is. I just thought it would be a nice place for everyone to talk freely.
I had sever pain at 8 weeks.  They panicked and thought ectopic plus uterine.  Emergency - worry!  Then it was just a really sever infection.  It took two weeks of antibiotics to kick!
i think it is a good idea too!
thank you so much for all your replies, I only discovered this forum today when I did a google search for the problem....it really helps to hear that others have been through it and come out smiling.  Feeling a lot more positive and feeling a zillion times better :-)