Aa
A
A
Close
Severe Diarrhea
I was just wondering if anyone had severe diarrhea at the beginning of their pregnancy.  I do not know if I am pregnant yet, although all signs point to it, and im waiting to get in to the doctor.  I know ive heard a lot about people being constipated, but not me.  Just wondering if im just weird or anyone else experienced the same thing.
Cancel
10 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Yes, I have and know others who have too. This pregnancy I had terrible diahrea when I was around 4-5 weeks and didn't know I was preg yet. Then I got extremely constipated week 7 - week 16. Your stomach can get all messed up right at the beginning of pregnancy.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you so much for replying....good to know im not alone! I felt like a nutcase not being constipated like everyone else says they are right away.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yes I too had diahrea very bad at the beginging of my pregnancy. I am 7wks3days and now I find myself with constipation issues.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Everyone and each body reacts differently to pregnancy.  I would just say be careful not to get dehydrated as I do not think this would be good during the beginning of a pregnancy.  Use the BRAT (banana, rice, applesauce and toast) diet and drink plenty of fluids and you should be fine.  Good luck and lots of baby dust.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I am the reverse, I am 5 weeks (in two days) and I started with terrible constipation and bloating, now I have the other dilema. DH said tonight, he thought I would "glow" when pg. I told him I will once my tummy and I start to agree on things again :)
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Yeah, tell him glowing definitely doesn't start during the first trimester usually. That will come when you get around 20 weeks or so.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
wow, today I came to the internet cafe to see if any one ever had this bout that I had today of sudden diarrhea, it is so strange if I am pregnant I am in my 3rd week, I am having lots of symptoms but this one takes the cake, it was so sudden and I remember my girlfriend  had this sudden bout of diarrhea with her first child. Wow! I knew right away that it was in connection to this pregnancy I want to confirm this week. I really want to test this week it will be my 3rd week. I hope it is not too early.   Ciao
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
wow. I may not be pregnant, not sure yet. But if I am pregnant I thought it was the stomach virus, but it didnt last long enough only a few hours. Maybe it was the morning sickness, could it have been I would have only been 1 week 1 day. Is it it possible? I am so confused. I go to the gyno on the 27th.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
wow I could be prego myself I took a test today and it came out negative but it may be to early. I have all the signs of being prego but I just don't know. I think I am. I kind of want to ignore this feeling but it is there. I'm not ready to be a mommy yet but I guess I don't have a choice. : ) oh well you just gotta take what life throws at you I guess.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
have i got an eptopic pregancy??? 2 positive tests then 7 negative bloods negative....but still feel pregnant!! sore boobs, feeling tired, really bad wind and diareah. confused pls help.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Severe Diarrhea
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703