Maternal & Child Community
Sex after Vaginal Delevery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sex after Vaginal Delevery

I am 3 weeks postpartum today and was wondering when it would be safe for me and my husband to go ahead and have intercourse. I did have my son vaginally and had a few stitches which are now dissolved. My husband and I have already had anal intercourse a few times and I did fine with that no pain during or after. I feel as if im ready to try to have intercourse but im not sure if it would be safe to do so. Im no longer sore in that area and I plan to use protection and take it slow whenever I do decide to finally do it. Any answers will be greatly appreciated.
Tags: sex, vaginal
hi,its been 18 yrs since i had my last child and back then they said the "norm"was 6 weeks,but im positive i didnt wait that long. if you feel comfortable enough and healthy enough with no distress,then you have to remember everybody is different,so just do what feels right for yourself.if you feel right and your partner does then go for it.. there is 11 months between myself an my baby brother,and im 38,we are the same age for 6 weeks so my mum didnt wait long all them years ago...so just make sure you use protection lol best of luck
Thank you! That makes me feel so much better about actually having intercourse.
Whenever it feels natural. Personally I preferred to wait for the post partum bleeding to stop, just to make sure I minimised infection chances.