Maternal & Child Community
Sex after a miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sex after a miscarriage

I had a miscarriage on 8/1 and I had a D&C on 8/4. I would love to know how soon can I have sex after all that drama.
I recently went through the same thing.  The doctor cleared me for sex at the 2-week checkup.
They say to wait at least 6 weeks.   I know there have been women who do not wait though and are actually pg again in just a couple weeks.  I guess if you feel comfortable go for it but I have always listened to my dr when it came to this stuff.  I did wait the 6 weeks.  Why risk anything.  Good Luck and I am so sorry about your loss.
I had a miscarriage 2x, both at 6 weeks.  I didn't wait-dr. didn't tell me and I got pregnant again 1st time a month later but it didn't stay.  Went on birth control pills for 3 months per dr. advice after that.  So basically we didn't stop sex life- just proceeded normally.  had trouble concieving after I went off the pill, but 3rd time was a charm.  Don't fret, even the stars have miscarriages.
After my MC, which was natural, I had sex as soon as the bleeding stopped. I think it was more for emotional reasons, but there you go. Good luck, and I'm sorry.
I had a m/c on july 19th. I bled for 7 days. I had sex again for the first time a few days after. and multiple times since then. I will go to the dr. office on the fiftenth for my one month check up. To tell you the honest truth I would not be surprised if I'm preg. again. I'm having symptoms. Or maybe its just feelings that you have after a m/c. I'm not real sure. I feel it time when your ready. good luck
MY DOCTOR ALSO TOLD ME AT LEAST 2 WEEKS FOLLOWING MY D&C BECAUSE OF THE RISK OF INFECTION.
My name is Holly. I am 20 years old. I am planning on going off the pill (i have been on it for 3 years now) in November. I hope to get pregnant right away so I can give the news to my in-laws and my parents as an xmas gift. Do people usually have problems conceiving the first few months they go off the pill? How does it work? I also want to lose weight before I have a baby. As it is I am not comfortable in my skin. If anyone has suggestions or would like to chat, please email me at butterfly_baybee2005***@**** I will respond to everyone!
Also, will you only conceive on certain days of the month? I can use as much information as I can
hello, I had a miscarriage on July 30 and my bleeding stopped the 7 of August and I had sex right after my bleeding stopped but the doctor said to wait 3 months before I try again but after having 7 kids and this being my first miscarriage I feel that I'm ready to try again and that I dont need to wait.
It is fine to try right away after a m/c. I did and got pregnant right away and had a healthy baby. My miscarriage was at 10 weeks. After a d&c I think it may be a little different. You may need to wait a bit longer to have sex.
I had my D&C on 8/9, 2 weeks ago today.  I finally stopped bleeding on Sat. and have had sex 2 times now.  We protect ourselves with condoms, because I do want to get back to normal before getting pregnet again.  I have not had deep penetration yet, scared it might hurt, but I'm sure all will go back to normal very soon.