Maternal & Child Community
Sex of Baby

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Sex of Baby

I have heard many suggestions as to what I will be having by friends and co-workers.  Although, I am not far enough along to determine the sex with U/S.  Are their any symptoms or signs that you will have one  sex or the other?  I have heard if you get wider as opposed to bigger belly outward you will be having a boy.  Anyone know of anything like that that worked for them?
My first pregnancy I was way out front, I had a boy.
My second I was more side to side, I had a boy.
They are just old wives tales, sometimes you get lucky and get it right, after all you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right. I would go crazy trying to guess this one. Im hoping for a girl. I just have to wait till the u/s. Hope this helps. How long till your u/s? I have at least another 8 wks to wait....
I have at least 5 to 6 weeks left to wait until u/s.  My husband is hoping for a boy and I am hoping for a girl.  We will both love either or, but I guess we always wish for one or the other until we find out.  Congrats to you and I hope all is well with both of you.  When is your due date?  Mine is Jan. 8th or around there.
I am due Jan 30th
With my first everyone thought it looked like I was going to have a boy. It was a nice suprise to have a girl. My second no one really commented and I had a boy.
This one Im not sure but feel like maybe its going to be a girl, will have to wait and see, Im 12wks today, due 13th Jan.
Im not worried what I have as long as it is healthy.
Need some advice, I found out my babys sex on the first of February and she wasn't sure if it was a boy or a girl so she said to me and my partner that she is going to guess its a girl because she can't see anything! What would use suggest we do?????