Aa
A
A
Close
152590 tn?1208149744
Sexual intercourse after a C-Section
So when I am allowed to resume sexual intercourse, do I still need to not have much pressure on my stomach.  It's still tender (about two weeks out here) so I know that I have to wait a week or two more, but what did others do and did you have tender bellies still.  Dr. said the insioin is healing well, but I am still bleeding.  I know it's a touch and go situation, but just wanting some advice.
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
175662 tn?1282217256
With my surgery we had to wait 2-4 weeks to have sex, but then again I didn't have a baby.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
173145 tn?1301704450
they say about 6 weeks but manyresume before that they say that long to keep you from getting an infection.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
they say to wait about six weeks...after my c-section i only waited four...i felt fine & im pretty sure i had stopped bleeding by then...i dont remember if my belly was still sore...there was a little pain at first but then it went away
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
At least 6 weeks and dont put any pressure on your tummy im still slightly tender 5 months after but its my 2nd c section im healed on outside but still tender on inside I still dont put alot of pressure on tummy it can take months to heal on the inside.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
127124 tn?1326739035
we resumed 3 wks after my c-section.  We were careful.  It was a little uncomfortable at 1st but not painful.  You could always place a pillow across your stomach.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
sex after c section kills, been 8weeks 4 me still
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
u  get cut open in 7 layers we got give our body a chance 2 heel , partners cant moan they cant have everytin u no good luck every1,x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
i remember being told 6 weeks, but i know for me it was more like 3-4 months.  my stomach was still very tender 4 months out and missionary was definitely out of the question!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources