Aa
A
A
Close
152590_tn?1208149744
Sexual intercourse after a C-Section
So when I am allowed to resume sexual intercourse, do I still need to not have much pressure on my stomach.  It's still tender (about two weeks out here) so I know that I have to wait a week or two more, but what did others do and did you have tender bellies still.  Dr. said the insioin is healing well, but I am still bleeding.  I know it's a touch and go situation, but just wanting some advice.
Cancel
8 Answers
Page 1 of 1
175662_tn?1282217256
With my surgery we had to wait 2-4 weeks to have sex, but then again I didn't have a baby.  
Comment
Cancel
175662_tn?1282217256
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
173145_tn?1301704450
they say about 6 weeks but manyresume before that they say that long to keep you from getting an infection.
Comment
Cancel
173145_tn?1301704450
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
they say to wait about six weeks...after my c-section i only waited four...i felt fine & im pretty sure i had stopped bleeding by then...i dont remember if my belly was still sore...there was a little pain at first but then it went away
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
At least 6 weeks and dont put any pressure on your tummy im still slightly tender 5 months after but its my 2nd c section im healed on outside but still tender on inside I still dont put alot of pressure on tummy it can take months to heal on the inside.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
127124_tn?1326739035
we resumed 3 wks after my c-section.  We were careful.  It was a little uncomfortable at 1st but not painful.  You could always place a pillow across your stomach.
Comment
Cancel
127124_tn?1326739035
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
sex after c section kills, been 8weeks 4 me still
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
u  get cut open in 7 layers we got give our body a chance 2 heel , partners cant moan they cant have everytin u no good luck every1,x
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
i remember being told 6 weeks, but i know for me it was more like 3-4 months.  my stomach was still very tender 4 months out and missionary was definitely out of the question!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
152590_tn?1208149744
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Sexual intercourse after a C-Section
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources