Maternal & Child Community
Share some Advice

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Share some Advice

Hi i am trying to conceive, I have been taking Gono F 150mg for a week (7) days and super monitoring and a shot of oviderill the following Monday, and Tuesday and Wednesday I had my husband’s semen inserted in me, IUI.  I am in my 4th day of waiting and I have experienced some cramping and spotting of dark blood since the procedure.  This is my 3rd IUI and I am so excited but nervous at the same time.  I don’t remember having any spotting my last to pregnancy and the last one was 15 years ago.  I’m bold.  Well I am crossing my fingers and hopping everything goes, this is a painful and costing procedure.  I just want to know did anybody experience this.  I hope my cycle is not starting it is almost two weeks early.
Hi!
No, your cycle would not start this early. The bleeding or dark blood could be due to ovulation or the procedure or withdrawal bleeding due to the medication you took. It’s too early to predict any thing. So, please keep your finger crossed and take a blood test for HCG estimation 12-14 days after the procedure or as advised by the doctor. Take care!