Maternal & Child Community
Sharp pains in lower abdomen when baby moves (and when he doesnt)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Good morning all!  I have not posted for a few days or so, but now I have a question.  Ihave been getting these sharp pains real low in my abdomen.  In the middle more or less.  Has anyone else gotten these?  I am 35 weeks.  I go to the dr. on Friday so I will mention it to him then.  just thought if anyone else had these they could share their experiences with what it was.

Thanks girls!!

Baby Dust to all!!!
Good morning Steph, I do know what you mean, I think it is because our bellys are so large, that they are stretched almost to maximum capacity and it just hurts to move at all.  I been finding myself holding my arm under my belly for extra support lately.  Getting in and out of the bed is where I notice it the most.  Especially at night when I turn from side to side.  It's hard lately.  I think I was ok until this 8th month started.  
Hey girl how are you? I am still hanging in there. I have had the same thing since about 32 weeks. My Dr said it is normal as the baby is putting pressure on your pelvis. Since it is your 2nd baby your muscles are not as tight so you feel more pain! How is everything else. I am getting soooooo excited! I am 37 weeks now & can't wait to have Lily in my arms! Emma & DH are so excited too! We reserved a celebration suite at the childrens Hosp. where I am going to deliver so they can stay over if they want & Emma won't bother any other paitents.
OMG this kid is killing me!  It has just been the last 2 days that it hurts.  I couldnt sleep a wink last nite!  It is getting unbearable now and I have 3.5 weeks to go!  WTH am I gonna do??  I am very bitter at times (my DH thinks I am b**chy).  I cant help it.  If he was preggo he would understand.  I have all this pressure like down low.  I have been having BH alot now and they are startng to be uncomfortable.  I just dont know what to do.  When he moves sometimes its like he is scratching my insides...ITS HURTS!!  Well Im glad Lily has stayed where she needs to right now to get bigger.  Could be anytime now tho.  Good luck to you!!!
I'm absolutely not trying to be a beotch by saying this.  Let me just state that after what I saw at work last night (Labor and Delivery), please get on your knees and thank God for every ache and pain you have. Please.  I'm deadly serious.

You are having minor discomforts of pregnancy, and be very, very grateful of the fact your baby is alive, healthy and growing (and making you temporarily miserable).  

I know it sounds like I'm diminishing your complaints, but we had a very, very sad thing happen last night.  In just a couple more weeks, you'll have a wonderful new life to cherish.  Please.  Be grateful.  I'm still really upset.  

I hope you feel better soon, and get to greet your healthy baby very quickly.  
Well I work in a hospital and I know people who have had stillborn babies and such, never seen it first hand.  I HAVE HAD 2 M/C so dont you think I am greatful?!?!?!  I AM VERY VERY GREATFUL FOR THE ACHES AND PAINS!!!  I am very happy to be preggo with a healthy baby boy!!  But I think everyone can attest to the fact that you just get to a point that you are ready to meet your little one.  I thouhgt this site was for support and asking questions, is it not???  EXCUSE ME!  And YES you did come off as a b**ch!  It was a simple freaking question and she asked me how I was doing so I was telling her.  Whatever I am done before I get too upset!
I'm very sorry you are upset.  I had to help a woman who had a stillborn at 38 weeks last night, found unexpectedly.  Once you hear that cry that comes from the soul of a mother destroyed, it rocks your world no matter how many times you've heard it.  I'm sure she would have traded places with you in a heartbeat.  

Again, good luck and I hope you have your baby very soon.  Cherish these moments, they are fleeting.  

I guess everyone can be entitled to their feelings but me, huh?

On that note, I'll take another kick in the ribs and a painful BH, if you please.
Sorry, I didn't mean to bum everyone out.  It just struck me the wrong way when I read her post, after doing the things I had to do last night.  

Steph said it best.  This is a place for support.  Sometimes even I need some.  
No, don't worry!  Sometimes it's good for me to be reminded that the aches and pains of late pg are not the worst that could be happening, and I need to take it will a smile.

I'm so sorry for that poor mother last night.  I hope you're doing okay after witnessing all of that.
Im sure that mother would trade places with any of us.  I wouldnt trade any of my aches and pains for ANYTHING!  I couldnt imagine going through what she went through.  I would be so devastated!  That is horrible that someone would have to go through that.  I had a friend that had the same thing happened.  ITS TERRIBLE!  I feel sorry for anyone that would have that happen.  I know I freak out everytime I dont feel my little guy move and wonder what is going on.  Then he moves and I feel better!  Im sorry you had to go through that...that must be terrible!  Sorry if I went off on you but I felt like you were coming down on me because of a pain I was having.  I just wanted SUPPORT to know that it wasnt anything to worry about.  I was having contractions last nite so I was a little worried.
I found myself wondering last night where you've been, and was starting to worry!! Glad to see you're still with us, and didn't go early.
Yes still here.  I have 3.5 more weeks left.  I am hoping more like 2.5!  My 1st came at 38 weeks so I am hoping Austin follows suit!  How are you doing??
I know how you feel. It seems like I sleep less & less every night. I had Emma right @ 38 weeks also that puts me at tuesday, I can only hope I go before then. I keep getting pushes on my cervex that make me jump they hurt so bad. When the Dr did my exam yesterday she said it was like feeling around a bowling ball B/C Lily's head is sooooo low. So now I am scared I will go into labor & not make it to the hosp. Oh & PS as for the debbie downer on here, some people just can't understand how stupid it is to say something like that to a bunch of girls who have had miscarriages & hi risk pregnancies. I was feeling so good to have made it this far & then to have to read that makes me sooooo angry!
I'm so sorry you had to witness that last night.  What a horrible experience for everyone involved.  My heart goes out to that lady and her family.

I don't feel she was being b*tchy.  We all need to remember that things can/do happen and we should be thankful for those little aches and pains.  
I would give anything to carry another baby and go thru ALL the constant pain. Unfortunately I will never be able to do that again.      
Oh, Steph, girl, you sound miserable!!!  I know I will feel the same way.  Just hang in there!  Three weeks is way shorter than 3 months!!!  I still remember the day you announced your BFP.  Where has the time gone??  Good luck!
I dont know if it is my hormones or what but I felt like she was attacking me because I was saying how I felt and stuff.  I was just asking if anyone else had the same pains and what they were told they were (if anything).  I feel terrible for that lady and her family as well.  I wouldnt wish that on ANYONE!  That is horrible!  I know we all need support and so does peekawho...but if that is your progfession then you will see that sort of thing more than you care to.  I couldnt do it, i know I couldnt.  She is a strong person for being able to deal with that.    
I'm sorry your miserable.  We are ALL hear to support each other which includes Peekawho.  I don't think I could be in her profession and have to deal with that.   I wasn't upset with you for seeking support when you are miserable and hoping for answers. I was upset by someones comment about the debbie downer and how it ruined her day. (or something to that effect)    
Why is my name being dragged through the mud? What did I do?
-signed,
Very confused Debbie