Short Femur and Humerus
My wife and I had a level II ultrasound done, she is 33 weeks along.  They told us that the Femur was 21 days behind and the Humerus was 14 days behind most everything else.  They scared us by saying that this is normally a sign of Down's Syndrome, but pointed out that there are normally 13 different markers that would indicate Down's, and this was the only one that they found.  My family is all on the short side....couldn't it just be that the baby may have shorter limbs and not down's?  My wife is going insane with stress wondering and the only way to find out for sure is to have an amniocentesis which can increase the risk of pre-term labor so she won't do that.  Can someone comfort me here because I am going out of my mind?
Well congratulations, you have been blessed with a baby and a lot of people never get to experience that :)  God will never give you more than you can handle so consider it a compliment should you have a special needs child!   Since she doesn't want the amnio, the only thing to do now is wait to meet your little one.  Every baby needs to be loved so be the best parents that you can be and love that baby with all your heart!!!

Good luck.  Try not to think of this as "bad" news?  The whole reason you had a child was to love, protect, raise and teach?  You still have that, nothing's changed.  I wish you the best, momttc
kis
Maybe a possibility?  I am 39 weeks pregnant and I had an U/S done 2 weeks ago.  The doctor told me that I had very little amniotic liquid, at the inferior limit of normal.  He said that sometimes, this can lead to a baby that is born with a body that is somewhat smaller in ratio to the head and age, because the baby will want to preserve the most important part (brain).  He also said that once born, the baby would in time regain the lost growth in the rest of the body to catch up, and that at this time, I was not to worry about it.  

All you can do at this time is wait and see.  I agree with you both to not go through with the amnio.  What use is it at this stage in the pregnancy?  You can't exactly end the pregnancy, it's painful, it could start labour, so it won't really help.

Pray for a healthy baby and a healthy mommy and leave it in the hands of the angels.

Look, my friend when through torture after being told she had low fluid, baby was small, blaw...blaw. She was crying every night and panicing. Her baby was perfectly fine and still is. They can only see what they see on the u/s. Don't worry yourself to death over this. I'm sure everything is fine. Also, they do make mistakes. You may see anther doctor or lab tech that gives you a totally different results. Please let us know how you make out and best of luck. Relax......everything will be fine.
I totally agree with momttc.  Just be happy that you having a baby.  There are so many women out there trying to have a baby and cannot or are having a very hard time.  Try not to think negative thoughts.  Instead if there is a chance it could be Down's start reading up on that and learn all you can.  I know a few people with Down's and they are the most loving people I have ever met.  It is a blessing to have a child no matter what.  It could be possible they will just be on the shorter side as well.  You'll find out in about a month.  In the meantime DO NOT STRESS ABOUT IT!!!!!!  FEEL BLESSED and like I said just read up on Down's so you are prepared if it comes to that.  Good Luck
I too remember being pregnant and scared of all of this so I can identify. And I know and I'm sure you do too, that your precious baby will be a wonderful blessing to your family, no matter what happens.  But I understand that it is natural to worry, just because you want every opportunity in the world for your child and that's ok but at the same time, if and this is a big if (beacuse I know of many people who have worried needlessly),... if your baby has special needs, I believe God will halp you through it and give you the strength you need.  I am sure you and your wife will love him or her more than you can ever imagine.  I wish you all the best, God Bless...