Should i call the doc about diarrhea...18 weeks pregnant
Hi, Im 18 weeks pregnant and yesterday ate something that gave me mild stomach cramps (like diarrhea, not uturine cramps) and today had diarrhea once...sorry tmi!  Hubby also had it.  I have felt fine the rest of the day and my husband is also fine but Im wondering if I should still call the doctor or just mention it to him at my next appointment.  Havent had any fever or flu symptoms but was wondering if it could be harmful to the baby since my husband was also sick with it and maybe we ate something bad or picked up a virus.  Any suggestions??
I think you and baby will be fine.  I had the flu at around 16 weeks and for 3 days I vomited and had diareah.  Im now 28 weeks!  Keep drinking fluids and  if it gets worse maybe you should contact your dr.  but if it was just the one time....I think youll be ok.
No, you should be fine. One episode of diareah isn't going to do any harm. I wish I had diareah. I'm constipated badly at 23wks. :)
HI,IM 15 WEEKS 4 DAYS PREGNANT,AND HAVE HAD DIHAERRA FOR THE LAST 3 DAYS I DONT KNW IF ITS SOMETHING I ATE OR IF ITS A PROBLEM IM SCARED THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH MY BABY PLEASE SOMEBODY TELL ME IF THIS IS NORMAL OR NOT
Hi Kalin175, when i was 15 weeks i had diarrhea for a whole week. By the 7th day I woke up at 2am with severe abdominal pains, a headache. I went back to sleep and kept waking up every hour. By 4am the pain was so bad and i felt so sick. I crawled out of bed and was sick, I tried eating and was sick again, eventually it was just water coming up then bile. I couldnt get hold of my midwife, so I called the NHS direct and they recomended i went to a drop in centre. I saw a doctor and he tested my urin and sent me to hospital.
I had caught a stomach bug and the whole week i was having diarrhea i wasnt absorbing any nutrients and the reason i felt so awful was because my body was running off the reserve fats in my body. the baby was completely fine. But i was dehydrated and needed to be on a drip for 24 hours. I was told to look after myself as it is horrible having it. I told my midwife and she said to tell her if i have it again for longer than 2 days.
I hope your feeling better and this helps?