Maternal & Child Community
Should this hurt? Round ligament pain question.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I posted the other day about pains in my side I believe and some of you said it sounded like round ligament pain. However I did my research on RLP and it seems it's usually on your right side(not always) and it is supposed to go away when you rest and are hydrated. I do get RLP when I move quickly or something and it is in the right side and it goes away with rest, but the pain I'm feeling is in my left side and it's almost constant. It goes all the way from my bikini line up to my belly button if not higher at times. It is also painful to touch. I didn't think RLP was like this. I also have some discharge too, but I've been having that for wks and just dismissed it as regular pregnancy stuff. I called the doctor and left a message with his nurses. What do u all think? Should I be more worried and call back and demand to talk to his nurse now?
sounds like your baby is laying on a nerve!!! i had same problem then the pain moved downword into my buttox and leg within a few days. They said it was a siatic (sciatic) (spelling wrong) nerve. and i had to wait till the baby was ready to move. I hope that helped hun, cuz i feel for ya.
How far along are you again?  WHat color is the discharge?
Sry I usually include that... I'm 24wks and the discharge is white and clear
Thats ok. I have to say it sounds like nerve pain also.
I never heard that about round ligament pain being only on one side.  When I had my DS I never really had too much pain (thankfully) ...just lots of other issues!!
i agree about the little pains. i cant tell you how many times i went to my app. and had to tell the doc about a new pain i've never felt befor and my doc told me , u'll have that and pains in places u've never felt befor
When was your last u/s? If it's excruciating pain it could be a cyst. The doctor's office kept telling me I had RLP and when I woke up one morning unable to walk and was vomiting due to pain they did an u/s and found a 5 cm cyst.

Or it could be nerve pain like the others said. Or it could be just nothing! lol I've found that pregnancy has some of the strangest little aches and pains for no known reason!