Maternal & Child Community
Sick Toddler only at night and early in the morning. (vomiting)

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

My Daughter is 2 and a half and she has been vomiting only late at night after she has gone to bed and then early in the morning. We were watching another child for a friend and the night she got sick he went home just fine but started to vomit three days later and it was to only at night and early in the morning. I was wondering if this has happend to anyone else and if they have had any medical help or answers for me. I would appreciate it.
I forgot to mention that during the day they are both acting fine running around like normal happy kids.
I had this last year with my daughter who was 7 months at the time.  During the day she seemed fine and normal, but at night she got sick.  She did this for 6 nights in a row.  My doctor said it was a 7 day flu.  I thought it was weird that it ony happend at night, but some parents where my daughter goes to daycare said the same thing about their kids.

Good Luck.
Sounds like a flu virus.  Give her lots of fluids and watch her temp.
I hear you there now im going though it im taking my child to the doctors to Jan.8.2008 because it has been happing since the 2nd..If you get this i will let you know how things went...
What a relief to hear that my son's not the only one with this happening.  Normal, playing, eating and taking bottles (16 mos.) all day.  During naps, he's fine.  But at night, usually 4-6 hours after he's eaten dinner, he vomits.  Has there been any diarrhea?  We've had that too, but only 2-3 times a day.  This is day 9 for both, but things are gradually improving.
I just hopped on line wondering about the same thing with my daughter.  She is 23 months old, perfectly fine during the day, and about once every three weeks at about 2 am to 5 am she is throwing up every 10 minutes.  Nothing in her stomach, and she has never had very firm stools, i suppose diarrhea.  She doesn't seem to be very sick otherwise, not losing weight or anything.  However, both of my kids last summer ended up with giardia from a bad camping experience.  My son seemed to get over it well with treatment, but my daughter, after 2 treatments never seemed to completely shake the symptoms.  Could this be a continuation of the giardia?  Have you had your children checked for this?  I sure hope someone has some answers.  I feel so terrible for our poor little people.
my toddler is doing the same thing, im gob smacked that others are the same i was so worried. what is giardia? my doc said its a virus and to starve him for 24hours, i think its bizzare how its only at night. i must change his sheets twice a night. im aloud to give him flat lemonade.